Eastern or Central Time Zone?

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Eastern or Central Time Zone?

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Why is the School Board Voting?
WNDU

Should Indiana be in the Eastern or Central time zone? The South Bend school board will vote regarding a resolution of support tonight. Find us at the meeting to share your thoughts.

"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Eastern or Central Time Zone?

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm

WTF!! I wonder what crisis brought this issue up. Typical liberals address BS minutia and avoid the problems that need solved.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 am

On the other hand, Ray, if they're wasting their time on this nonsense at least they aren't voting to do something else expensive and dumb, their normal agenda.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:19 am

South Bend School Board supports joining Central Time Zone
Resolution urges state to abandon Eastern time in favor of brighter mornings and more productive classes

By Ted Land (tland@wsbt.com)

WSBT-TV

11:10 p.m. EDT, April 8, 2013

The South Bend School Board thinks part of the problem with why some kids cannot pay attention in class is, of all things, the clock.

The board approved a resolution Monday evening urging the state of Indiana to abandon the Eastern time zone and start observing Central Standard Time.

“When we wake our kids up when its dark, their bodies are telling them they still need to be in bed. And when the sun doesn't come up until after they're in school, how can we expect them to learn?” said Holly Easterbrook, a South Bend mom who spoke in support of the measure.

A switch to the Central time zone would mean a brighter, safer morning, and more productive school day, some parents argue.

But some board members chose not to vote on the resolution, saying they need to see more research on the topic and hear from more parents.

“I can’t make a choice based on what I’ve heard, it’s not common sense,” said board member Jay Caponigro.

A more practical fix, some board members say, is to move the start time of school later in the day, but that is another whole debate.

According to The Central Time Coalition, a group supporting the time zone change, more than two dozen other school districts passed similar resolutions asking to leave the Eastern time zone.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/ws ... 8162.story
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 am

Who voted for, against, and abstained?
THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby Shinigami » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 pm

I don't want brighter mornings I want more daylight in the evenings!
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:36 am

Shinigami wrote:I don't want brighter mornings I want more daylight in the evenings!

Move to Alaska in the Spring & Summer, and southern Argentina in the Fall & Winter.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Return to Michiana Area