backstageadd ND

Why Obama Idolizes Abe Lincoln

Why Obama Idolizes Abe Lincoln

Postby Eagle Eye Eddie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:37 pm

He was inspired by Bing Crosby's rendition of "Abraham" during the 1942 movie Holiday Inn ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAHSTbD4A5M
Eagle Eye Eddie

Re: Why Obama Idolizes Abe Lincoln

Postby JC2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 am

As a note of reality, I was watching the Military History Channel last night. I did not know there was a confederate POW camp on the South Side of Chicago. No water boarding occurred, but we did hang confederate troops up by the thumbs, forced them to live in deplorable conditions. They built the camp on a swamp, which meant sewage could not drain into the ground, and we shot any black confederate soldier that step foot into the camp. Some of the cruelest sociopath union troops were sent to the prison as guards. They even imposed martial law on the town of Chicago, arresting anyone who seemed to be a sympathizer to the south.
Oh by the way, Abe Lincoln was informed of the situation a few times, he did nothing since he appointed the warden. Makes Gitmo sound like a 4 star hotel.
1-20-2013 can not arrive too soon.
JC2

Re: Why Obama Idolizes Abe Lincoln

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:51 am

JC2 wrote:As a note of reality, I was watching the Military History Channel last night. I did not know there was a confederate POW camp on the South Side of Chicago. No water boarding occurred, but we did hang confederate troops up by the thumbs, forced them to live in deplorable conditions. They built the camp on a swamp, which meant sewage could not drain into the ground, and we shot any black confederate soldier that step foot into the camp. Some of the cruelest sociopath union troops were sent to the prison as guards. They even imposed martial law on the town of Chicago, arresting anyone who seemed to be a sympathizer to the south.
Oh by the way, Abe Lincoln was informed of the situation a few times, he did nothing since he appointed the warden. Makes Gitmo sound like a 4 star hotel.

I had never heard that. Very interesting JC2. Usually all you hear about it the deplorable conditions in the South's POW's.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to National News