backstageadd ND

2016 Election

2016 Election

Postby bdcbbq » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 am

Where do we go from here. Who is available and willing to go up against the Democratic polices and undo the harm of the past and next 4 years. 2016 will be even more contentious and brutal with no incumbent. As far as I can tell the short list is Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan. None of the other primary candidates have a shot and shouldn't even try.

Over the next 4 years the most important agenda is to take over the Senate and increase the control of the House of Representatives by conservatives. Increasing conservative governors is as important too.

Some gridlock is going to be necessary because the liberals are going to use legislation to buy more votes from people who suck from the government teat. Immigration will be one area that is targeted.

I'm going to make sure that I keep my opinions flowing to Joe Donnelly and keep his heels to the fire. As well as encourage people to avoid the AARP, NEA, and Union influence.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Re: 2016 Election

Postby Bingo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 am

Evan Bayh :think:
Bingo

Postby Kingsman » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Looks like it won't be Chris Christie. I don't expect him to break off his lip-lock with the Obama in time to run against Hill and Bill.
Kingsman

Postby raycyrx » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Kingsman wrote:Looks like it won't be Chris Christie. I don't expect him to break off his lip-lock with the Obama in time to run against Hill and Bill.

Saw an interesting stat that 15% of voters felt that Sandy was a deciding factor in their decision.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Ideal Baloney » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Christie might drop dead before the next POTUS election, King. He does not appear to be in good health ... a stressful lifestyle coupled with a Type A personality (and morbid obesity) is usually a recipe for the "Big One".
Ideal Baloney

Postby bob_rx2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Well, Gov. Daniels has to be kicking himself about having not challenged Lugar in the primary, since he would have handily defeated Joey D. This at least opens a long road for him to hike the next four years. Evan Bayh would be a good "D" wing candidate but I can't imagine him going against the current administration unless it fully crashes and burns. If it hasn't they would likely buy him off anyway.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby NMSB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Clinton versus Bush in 2016. Bill didn't do all this campaigning not to get something out of it for his better half. Jeb will be tanned, rested and ready.
I love South Bend so I read and post comments on South Bend Forum.
NMSB

Postby Buck Wheat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am

NMSB wrote:Clinton versus Bush in 2016. Bill didn't do all this campaigning not to get something out of it for his better half. Jeb will be tanned, rested and ready.

Jeb is a bloated, irrelevant political dinosaur. If he is stupid enough to run, there is no way he'll capture the nomination. Buck's money is on MARCO RUBIO (with a minority running mate like Allen West).

:whistle:
Buck Wheat

Postby Kingsman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 am

Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone'

Rep. Ron Paul, whose maverick presidential bids shook the GOP, said in the wake of this week's elections that the country has already veered over the fiscal cliff and he sees no chance of righting ship in a country where too many people are dependent on government.

"We're so far gone. We're over the cliff," the Texas Republican told Bloomberg Television's "In the Loop" program. "We cannot get enough people in Congress in the next 5-10 years who will do wise things." The video can be seen at http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ron-paul ... Tvxkw.html.

Mr. Paul, who is retiring after 12 terms in the House, said voters on Tuesday rejected Mitt Romney because he had opposed the government bailout of General Motors and Chrysler.

"The people in the Midwest voted against him: 'Oh, we have to be taken care of!' So that vote was sort of like what we are laughing at in Greece," Mr. Paul said.

"People do not want anything cut," he said. "They want all the bailouts to come. They want the Fed to keep printing the money. And they don't believe that we've gone off the cliff or are close to going off the cliff. They think we can patch it over, that we can somehow come up with some magic solution. But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot."

← return to Inside Politics

Read more: Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone' - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/ins ... z2BjKUTcsb
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Kingsman

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm

THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Next

Return to National News