backstageadd ND

Random Irrelevance

Re: Random Irrelevance

Postby York » Sun May 17, 2009 8:59 am

Rotten office fridge cleanup sends 7 to hospital

Tue May 12, 9:01 pm ET

SAN JOSE, Calif. – An office worker cleaning a fridge full of rotten food created a smell so noxious that it sent seven co-workers to the hospital and made many others ill. Firefighters had to evacuate the AT&T building in downtown San Jose on Tuesday, after the flagrant fumes prompted someone to call 911. A hazmat team was called in.

What they found was an unplugged refrigerator that had been crammed with moldy food.

Authorities said an enterprising office worker had decided to clean it out, placing the food in a conference room while using two cleaning chemicals to scrub down the mess. The mixture of old lunches and disinfectant caused 28 people to need treatment for vomiting and nausea.

Authorities said the worker who cleaned the fridge didn't need treatment — she can't smell because of allergies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_rotten_office_food
York

Postby York » Wed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Man Demands Dentures During Alleged Stick Up

Talk about a toothless business deal. A Staten Island man is accused of ordering an associate to take out his dentures at gunpoint.

Joseph Nativo, 47, claims he paid for his ex-colleague's fake teeth and now he wants them back. He allegedly pulled a gun on 40-year-old Gennario Sibbio and demanded he fork them over.

Nativo, a contractor who lives in Eltingville, is accused with slamming the revolver on an office desk -- an intimidating move -- and ordering Sibbio to deliver his chompers. The businessman also commanded his toothless victim to hand over $1,200 in cash, two cell phones, his coat and a Bluetooth wireless device, according to The Staten Island Advance.

While Nativo admits he jacked the dentures, he claims he never used a gun and that Sibbio wasn't a colleague, but a former employee who stole from him.

"He's not my partner. He's my employee," Nativo told the Advance. "I fired him, let him go. I paid for his new teeth to be put in... I told him to leave the company. I asked for my teeth back."

The contractor also claims the money, cell phones and other items he forced Sibbio to hand over belonged to him, too.

"He owes me over $27,000 from the company," Nativo told the Advance. "I took his phones. I took his car. Everything that I gave him, I took it."

Nativo was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree robbery. He was released on $1,000 bail and is due back in court July 1.

Nativo's attorney said Sibbio made false claims about the gun in retaliation for his firing. Nativio promised more than one witness could attest to his claim that he never pulled a gun.

“We yelled and we argued, don't get me wrong," Nativo said. "But in the end, those teeth belonged to me."

Copyright Associated Press / NBC New York

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Ma ... ck-Up.html

York

Postby southsider » Wed May 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Raise your hand if you think it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too nice to be working today!!!!!

southsider

Postby York » Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 pm

I raise both!

York

Postby York » Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 pm

I like afternoon thunderstorms!

York

Postby Big Kahuna » Tue May 26, 2009 9:37 pm

This Cuban Tree Frog, photographed by James Snyder in Florida, mistook a Christmas light for a meal. When he first saw the frog, Snyder thought that it had been cooked from the inside, but on investigation, he discovered the frog was indeed alive and not too happy when he was robbed of his dinner.

Big Kahuna

Postby Big Kahuna » Tue May 26, 2009 9:41 pm

With two tails and two pelvises, both of which is uses to walk, this six-legged deer rescued from attacking dogs in Everett Springs, Georgia has caused quite a local stir. Staff from the University of Georgia report that the animal has a somewhat normal gait, even if the center legs do seem to get in each other's way at times.

Big Kahuna

Postby Big Kahuna » Tue May 26, 2009 9:43 pm

This unfortunate motorcyclist hit a branch in the middle of the road causing it to rocket up and impale his leg, leading to a broken fibula. Emergency workers had to cut the branch at both ends and then take him to the emergency room where, no doubt doped up on an assortment of pain medications, the cyclist was kind enough and happy to pose for some really gross pictures.

Big Kahuna

Postby Big Kahuna » Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Big Kahuna

Postby Big Kahuna » Tue May 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Ahhh!!! Gotta love it!! 1950's mentality!!

Big Kahuna

PreviousNext

Return to Free For All