backstageadd ND

Celebrity Obituaries

Celebrity Obituaries

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 pm

A thread dedicated to the personalities who have passed on......

Dan Seals b. February 8, 1948 d. March 25, 2009. He is best known as half of the soft rock music duo England Dan and John Ford Coley. They are best remembered for the 1970s top ten hits "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight" (which became a certified gold record in 1976), "Nights Are Forever Without You", "We'll Never Have To Say Goodbye Again" and "Love Is The Answer". Born in McCamey, Texas, he was raised in Dallas and began his musical career at an early age while performing with his family. He later gained notoriety as a member of the band Southwest F.O.B. where he met John Coley. During the 1980s, Seals crossed over to country music and recorded the hit "Meet Me in Montana" (1985), with Marie Osmond. Among his other notable songs are "Bop", "Everything That Glitters (Is Not Gold)" and "Three Time Loser". He was the younger brother of Jim Seals, who is best known of Seals and Crofts fame. He died from cancer.

Last edited by Big Kahuna on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Kahuna

Re: Celebrity Obituaries

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Marilyn Borden b. May 29, 1932 d. March 25, 2009 Actess. Best known for her work on "I Love Lucy." Marilyn and her twin sister Roz appeared in episode 112 of I Love Lucy entitled "Tennessee Bound," where they played the sheriff's daughters Teensy and Weensy.

Big Kahuna

Postby Big Kahuna » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Uriel Jones b. June 13, 1934 d. March 23, 2009
Musician. He was a versatile drummer and a original member of the "Funk Brothers" session band for Motown Records, 1960s to 1970s. He played on numerous tracks, including "My Girl", "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" by Stevie Wonder, "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" by Jimmy Ruffin, plus versions of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye and Gladys Knight and the Pips. He also toured with Marvin Gaye, the Four Tops and Tammi Terrell. In 2002, he received recognition in the documentary film "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" and performed with the surviving Funk Brothers. He died of a heart attack

Big Kahuna

Postby Big Kahuna » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Marilyn Chambers, the pretty Ivory Snow girl who helped bring hard-core adult films into the mainstream consciousness when she starred in the explicit 1972 movie "Behind the Green Door," has died at 56.

Big Kahuna

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:48 pm

OMG BK, when did that happen? Do you know why she died?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Big Kahuna » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:51 pm

it just says that on April 12, 2009, Marilyn Chambers died at her Canyon Country home; she was discovered by daughter
Big Kahuna

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Big Kahuna wrote:it just says that on April 12, 2009, Marilyn Chambers died at her Canyon Country home; she was discovered by daughter

That's sad... she was sooooo young.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby backstagedee » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 pm

BOSTON (AP) -- Former All-Star pitcher Mark "the Bird" Fidrych was found dead Monday in an apparent accident at his farm. He was 54.
Worcester County district attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. saids a family friend found Fidrych about 2:30 p.m. Monday beneath a pickup truck at his Northborough, Mass., farm. He appeared to be working on the truck, Early said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... ref=si_mlb
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby bdcbbq » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:20 am

Happy Mom wrote:OMG BK, when did that happen? Do you know why she died?

It was her time.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Big Kahuna » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:06 pm

A little premature....but CNN reports that Farrah Fawcetts battle with cancer is nearing the end.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Farrah Fawcett has been hospitalized in the latest stage of her battle against cancer, a producer working with the actress said Monday
"She is not unconscious, she is not unresponsive, and she is not comatose," Craig Nevius told CNN.
He added that Fawcett "is surrounded by family and friends." She "has a real iron will" and is "a fighter," he said.

I...along with a million other male teenagers lusted over this woman in the 70's. Thanks Farrah.

Big Kahuna

Next

Return to Free For All