backstageadd ND

Celebrity Obituaries

Re: Celebrity Obituaries

Postby raycyrx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:00 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48927718

Ross Perot, billionaire and ex-presidential candidate, dies at 89

Described as idiosyncratic and feisty, he pioneered the computer data industry by founding his own company in 1962.
But he was best known for running in the 1992 campaign, advocating balanced budgets and calling for an end to the outsourcing of jobs abroad.
Democrat Bill Clinton won the three-way race, in which Mr Perot took almost 19% of the vote.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Eddie Money, ‘Two Tickets to Paradise’ singer, dead at 70
By Jessica Napoli | Fox News

Eddie Money, 'Take Me Home Tonight' singer, dead at 70
After battling stage 4 esophageal cancer, singer Eddie Money, best known for his songs 'Two Tickets to Paradise and 'Take Me Home Tonight,' has died at the age of 70. Money made his stunning cancer announcement in a video released in August from his AXS TV reality series 'Real Money.' Money is survived by his wife of more than 30 years, Laurie, and five children: Zachary, Jessica, Joseph, Julian, and Desmond.

Singer Eddie Money, best known for his songs "Two Tickets to Paradise," "Take Me Home Tonight” and “Baby Hold On,” died Friday at the age of 70.

He had been battling stage 4 esophageal cancer.

Money's family said in a statement to Fox News: “The Money Family regrets to announce that Eddie passed away peacefully early this morning. It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music.”
Singer Eddie Money performs onstage during the 2018 High Tide Beach Party at Huntington State Beach.
Singer Eddie Money performs onstage during the 2018 High Tide Beach Party at Huntington State Beach. (Scott Dudelson/Getty Images)

Money, whose real name was Edward Mahoney, made his stunning cancer announcement just last month in a video from his AXS TV reality series called "Real Money."

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN REVEALS SHE'S BATTLING CANCER FOR THE THIRD TIME

In the video, Money said he discovered he had cancer after what he thought was a routine checkup. The rock legend learned that the disease had spread to his liver and lymph nodes.

“What I don’t want to do is I don’t want to keep the fact that I have cancer from everybody,” Money said. “It’s not honest. I want to be honest with everybody. I want people to know that cancer [treatment] has come a long way and not everybody dies from cancer like they did in the '50s and '60s.

"Am I going to live a long time? Who knows? It’s in God’s hands.”

Eddie Money
Eddie Money (Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)

Money admitted the news hit him "really, really hard."

The rocker had numerous health problems recently, including heart valve surgery earlier this year and pneumonia following the procedure, which led to his cancellation of a planned summer tour.

His career spanned more than three decades and 12 studio albums. He was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., raised in Plainedge, Long Island, and then moved to California, where he signed with Columbia Records.

In 1987, he received a best rock vocal Grammy nomination for "Take Me Home Tonight," which featured a cameo by Ronnie Spector.

Money is survived by his wife of more than 30 years, Laurie, and five children: Zachary, Jessica, Joseph, Julian, and Desmond.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/e ... WUjTYs2dUI
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Ideal Baloney » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm

SBF's old buddy YORK died on October 1. 44 years old. No more demons to battle, Tommy Boy. RIP.

:violin:
Ideal Baloney

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:36 am

Ideal Baloney wrote:SBF's old buddy YORK died on October 1. 44 years old. No more demons to battle, Tommy Boy. RIP.

:violin:

OMG! Do you know of what? So sad... :-o :crying-yellow:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Previous

Return to Free For All