backstageadd ND

Colorado offered free birth control, teen abortions fell 42%

Colorado offered free birth control, teen abortions fell 42%

Postby Xenokilla » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Reasons why defunding Planned Parenthood is a stupid idea:

"The program, known as the Colorado Family Planning Initiative, provides intrauterine devices (IUDs) or implants at little to no cost for low-income women at family planning clinics in Colorado. It contributed to a 40 percent drop in Colorado's teen birth rate and a 42 percent drop in the state's teen abortion rate between 2009 and 2013, according to state data reported by the New York Times's Sabrina Tavernise."

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/7/5877505/col ... th-control

If your goal is to lower abortions, and keep people off welfare, help them not have kids.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Re: Colorado offered free birth control, teen abortions fell

Postby raycyrx » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Well it's certainly good that procedural abortions are down.

However, it should be known that one of the methods of birth control that IUDs employ is to prevent implantation of an embryo.
That is an abortion of a pregnancy in progress.
So we've reduced known abortions and replaced them with unknown abortions.

I wonder how many women that accepted free IUDs were informed that IUDs kill living human beings.

At the same time, I have to wonder if there's been any change in STD rate, since IUDs do absolutely nothing to prevent spread of STDs.
I'm sure it's a happy conversation at Planned Parenthood... "well, Miss 15 year old, the good news is you're not pregnant. The bad news is you have a life long infection that you'll spread to anyone else you have sex with."
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Return to Free For All