• You Are Now Free to Move About Your Pants
  • We Rub You The Wrong Way So That You Can Be On Your Way
  • It's Not a Grope; It's A Freedom Pat
  • When In Doubt, We Make You Whip It Out
  • TSA: Touchin, Squeezin, Arresting
  • You WERE A Virgin
  • TSA: We Handle More Packages Than The USPS
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Re: Full Body Scanners; Taking Away More American's Rights

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:Candidates for the New TSA slogan:

• Grope Discounts Available
  • If We Did Our Jobs Any Better, We'd Have to Buy You Dinner First
  • We've Handled More Balls than Barney Frank
  • You Are Now Free to Move About Your Pants
  • We Rub You The Wrong Way So That You Can Be On Your Way
  • It's Not a Grope; It's A Freedom Pat
  • When In Doubt, We Make You Whip It Out
  • TSA: Touchin, Squeezin, Arresting
  • You WERE A Virgin
  • TSA: We Handle More Packages Than The USPS

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 am

Opinion
A Mom's Message For the TSA -- Don't Touch My KIDS!

By Penny Young Nance

I am afraid to fly with my family these days. Not because I am afraid of crashing, but because I am afraid of being arrested for assault. The viral YouTube video of the terrified three-year-old being given an invasive body search by a rough Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent is outrageous and alarming.

Trust me, if that were my beautiful, modest thirteen-year-old daughter being intimidated and groped, I couldn’t be held responsible for my actions. I have had two children, and my modesty level at this point in life is pretty minimal, but someone touching my kid is another story. That person is likely to get their eyes scratched out, TSA Agent or not. I am not kidding: Moms won’t abide someone messing with our children. Keep the cameras ready; it’s only a matter of time before one of us snaps. Hope it’s not me.

But perhaps we would all be served by making an effort to take the emotion out of this very personal issue and looking at it logically.

Clearly, the U.S. government should have the most effective security possible in place to protect its citizens. We are all under serious threat of terrorism, and no one wants a repeat of 9/11. And honestly, the vast majority of TSA agents are nice people trying to do their jobs as instructed in order to pay their bills. They are probably the most appalled by the new procedures.

But really, have we all lost our minds? In what world does frisking elderly nuns and little children make us safe?

Our government has tossed common sense aside when it comes to protecting our nation. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano obviously has no clue how to keep the country safe when PETN explosives seem to be the greatest threat and this new system does nothing in particular to detect it.

When asked recently if a woman wearing traditional Muslim hijabs would be patted down in the same intrusive way as everyone else opting out of the naked body screeners, she gave a vague answer about possibly “adjusting” some of the procedures. Are you kidding? If the TSA screeners are going to pat down a Catholic nun in her full habit, why not do the same to Muslim women in hijabs? Are we so politically correct that we are downright stupid?

The country has been extremely blessed that we have not been attacked since 9/11. According to many national security experts, it’s only a matter of time before that streak ends.

Concerned Women for America (CWA) recently conducted a post-election poll surveying voters. When asked about the greatest challenge facing future generations, “threats to our national security” was the answer given by over half the respondents. We all get it. It’s a dangerous and scary world.

Clearly, the United States is a huge target for terrorists, and our lives can never go back to the way they were before 9/11, but that does not mean Americans have to give up their Fourth Amendment rights in exchange for a system that ignores the obvious due to political correctness. Perhaps we should all start donning hijabs for our next trip. That’s a ridiculous thought, but no more ridiculous than the current system.

Common sense needs to be brought into the national security conversation. National security is certainly a matter of life or death, but airport security needs a modicum of common sense along with procedures that actually work and don’t cause moms like me to wind up on an episode of "Jersey Shore."
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/11/ ... ouch-kids/
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Lincoln » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:25 pm

The people that are in the worst danger, are the ones operating or standing near the machines all day long as part of their job. Even dental assistants exit the room completely when you get an X-ray of your mouth. I personally don't fly enough to worry about this causing health issues for myself. In fact, i think it is pretty cool...the movie Total Recall flashes to mind. Of course I think those people that complain the most are the same jack-wagons that want to take the "Christ" out of Christmas. I do have one question though, can we get print outs of those full body scans and take them to our family physician, rather than pay them to take x-rays??? :think:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Lincoln

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Lincoln wrote:The people that are in the worst danger, are the ones operating or standing near the machines all day long as part of their job. Even dental assistants exit the room completely when you get an X-ray of your mouth. I personally don't fly enough to worry about this causing health issues for myself. In fact, i think it is pretty cool...the movie Total Recall flashes to mind. Of course I think those people that complain the most are the same jack-wagons that want to take the "Christ" out of Christmas. I do have one question though, can we get print outs of those full body scans and take them to our family physician, rather than pay them to take x-rays??? :think:

Ah, Abe, you're oh so wrong. I've been complaining about the blatant violation of civil rights, and I do indeed want to keep Christmas with "Christ" in it. You're demonstrating the civil rights concerns of your namesake, who suspended habeus corpus....
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Daggy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:29 am

You know, I remember that some people smuggle cocaine by wrapping it in condoms and swallowing it. If they discover a plot where a suicide bomber ingest remote-detonated small packets of explosives, wouldn't we all be subjected to real x-ray showing the content of our stomachs? Where does it stop?
Daggy

Postby Lincoln » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:02 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:
Lincoln wrote:The people that are in the worst danger, are the ones operating or standing near the machines all day long as part of their job. Even dental assistants exit the room completely when you get an X-ray of your mouth. I personally don't fly enough to worry about this causing health issues for myself. In fact, i think it is pretty cool...the movie Total Recall flashes to mind. Of course I think those people that complain the most are the same jack-wagons that want to take the "Christ" out of Christmas. I do have one question though, can we get print outs of those full body scans and take them to our family physician, rather than pay them to take x-rays??? :think:

Ah, Abe, you're oh so wrong. I've been complaining about the blatant violation of civil rights, and I do indeed want to keep Christmas with "Christ" in it. You're demonstrating the civil rights concerns of your namesake, who suspended habeus corpus....

Apparently, you are attempting to insult me, but your ignorance allows that comment to roll right off my shoulder. You seem to be inferring that Abraham Lincoln did something which violates the Constitution of the United States of America by suspending habeus corpus.....correct? If so, then YOU are the one who is wrong. The right of writs of habeas corpus are granted in Article I, Section 9, clause 2 of the Constitution, which states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it." Did you catch that last part? Hmmm? I believe the Civil War was going on at the time of Lincoln's suspension of habeus corpus, and the Civil War WAS a rebellion...yes? Therefore, he was well within the rights granted by the Constitution to perform the actions he did. If you disagreee, that's fine with me, but I don't see how you can argue with well documented facts and expect not to sound ignorant.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Lincoln

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 am

Ex-Minn. governor sues over body scans, pat-downs

By AMY FORLITI, Associated Press Amy Forliti, Associated Press – Mon Jan 24, 8:26 pm ET

MINNEAPOLIS – Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura sued the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration on Monday, alleging full-body scans and pat-downs at airport checkpoints violate his right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ventura is asking a federal judge in Minnesota to issue an injunction ordering officials to stop subjecting him to "warrantless and suspicionless" scans and body searches.

The lawsuit, which also names Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and TSA Administrator John Pistole as defendants, argues the searches are "unwarranted and unreasonable intrusions on Governor Ventura's personal privacy and dignity . and are a justifiable cause for him to be concerned for his personal health and well-being."

According to the lawsuit, Ventura received a hip replacement in 2008, and since then, his titanium implant has set off metal detectors at airport security checkpoints. The lawsuit said that prior to last November officials had used a non-invasive hand-held wand to scan his body as a secondary security measure.

But when Ventura set off the metal detector in November, he was instead subjected to a body pat-down and was not given the option of a scan with a hand-held wand or an exemption for being a frequent traveler, the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit said the pat-down "exposed him to humiliation and degradation through unwanted touching, gripping and rubbing of the intimate areas of his body."

It claims that under TSA's policy, Ventura will be required to either go through a full-body scanner or submit to a pat-down every time he travels because he will always set off the metal detector.

Ventura, who was Minnesota governor from 1999 through 2002 and is now the host of the television program "Conspiracy Theory," did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

Napolitano said in December that the new technology and the pat-downs were "objectively safer for our traveling public."

The U.S. Attorney's Office did not immediately return an e-mail message seeking comment Monday.

The TSA's website says there are nearly 500 full-body scanners in use at 78 airports. The scanners show a traveler's physical contours on a computer screen that's viewed in a private room. Faces aren't shown, and the person's identity is supposedly not known to the screener reviewing the images.

Not all travelers are selected to go through the scanners, but the TSA requires people who decline to submit to pat-downs that include checks of the inside of their thighs and buttocks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ventura_airport_security
Happy Mom

Postby Shinigami » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 am

I remember in 2005 I made the mistake of flying out of Chicago in my full service "A" uniform. And if you don't know anything about Marines in uniform, there is all kinds of metal and shiny things we wear, TSA was way to rigid on rules for it took me a good while to get back security and the wand. Removing shoes, my service coat, tie clasp and then having to fully redress like an idiot past the scanner. I thought help fight terrorists but apparently that day I must have looked like one. I seriously hate flying commercially.
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby Informed Citizen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Shinigami wrote:I remember in 2005 I made the mistake of flying out of Chicago in my full service "A" uniform. And if you don't know anything about Marines in uniform, there is all kinds of metal and shiny things we wear, TSA was way to rigid on rules for it took me a good while to get back security and the wand. Removing shoes, my service coat, tie clasp and then having to fully redress like an idiot past the scanner. I thought help fight terrorists but apparently that day I must have looked like one. I seriously hate flying commercially.

Confused as to why you should get a free pass through the scanners, in light of the Ft. Hood incident.
Informed Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Rants