backstageadd ND

TSA:Full Body Scanners; Taking Away More American's Rights

Re: Full Body Scanners; Taking Away More American's Rights

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:29 am

Wilson, perhaps we should address the real problems, rather than erode everyone's rights with an out-of-control agency such as the TSA?

I'm with Bob. Having sat in O'Hare for a day and a half last year waiting for Air Space to open for my trip to Europe, I sat across from the Security for most of those hours and watched. I saw so much unprofessionalism, it was scary. Many were on a inflated importance trip. I wouldn't have one of those idiots groping me for anything. I also refused to go through that full body scanner. I don't trust the TSA because they shown time after time their lack of common sense.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: TSA:Full Body Scanners; Taking Away More American's Righ

Postby Happy Mom » Sat May 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Defrocked alleged sex abuser now works for TSA
May 26, 2012 11:36 am

The TSA is supposed to be one of the most secure agencies operating on domestic soil. Trained to take on those terrorists wherever they may find them, it would seem rather obvious that they could filter out alleged child sex abusers. Given the nature of their job, one would think that they screen out these unsavory parts of society; but at the Philadelphia International Airport, this apparently wasn’t the case.

As Ben Simmoneau reports on CBS’s local Philadelphia affiliate, he says that Thomas Harkins is a defrocked priest, due to multiple child sex abuse scandals. He further goes on to say that,

Until 2002, Harkins was a Catholic priest working at churches across South Jersey. But the Diocese of Camden removed him from ministry because it found he sexually abused two young girls. Now, in a new lawsuit, a third woman is claiming she also is one of Harkins’ victims.”

According to Simmoneau, the TSA hired him to manage a sensitive part of security at PHI.

The security checkpoint between Terminals D and E is a busy place where thousands of people – including lots of kids – pass through every day. But you might not believe who the I-Team observed working as a TSA supervisor at that checkpoint this week: Thomas Harkins.”

Given the TSA’s recent track record of “groping” for bombs, one cannot help but speculate Harkins’ motive for applying for the position. What is it about the TSA that could attract a man like Harkin?

The answer could be found in an article written on May 16th, 2012 by David C. Wilcox in the La Canada Valley Sun:

I have personal experience with outrageous TSA personnel. My very attractive 16-year-old granddaughter was groped for at least five minutes in Hawaii. I have personally had my genitals in the hands of TSA agents in Hawaii and Philadelphia. [Emphasis on “Philadelphia” added]“

Harkin’s employment at the TSA shows us two things about this out-of-control agency. First, it shows us that it naturally attracts sex abusers, due to the ample opportunities it provides. Second, it shows us that the TSA is either completely inept at anti-terror measures, or that’s just not the point of the TSA anymore.

From a security standpoint, the TSA should fire Harkin immediately, given his past. This decision isn’t only based upon his deviant sexual tendencies, but it is also because he has rather substantial skeletons in his closet. It most certainly makes him an easy blackmail target for a terrorist to exploit, which blasts a gaping hole in our effort to keep our airplanes safe to board.
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/05/6534-de ... s-for-tsa/
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Full Body Scanners; Taking Away More American's Rights

Postby Wilson » Wed May 30, 2012 10:18 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote: Wilson, perhaps we should address the real problems, rather than erode everyone's rights with an out-of-control agency such as the TSA?

Rights? You have the right to fly if you follow the rules and don't endanger the safety of fellow passengers. You have the right to travel if you follow the safety standards and rules set forth.

You have the right to travel anyway you want within the rules and security measures necessary to ensure safe travel.

I had my first Pat Down recently. I have had the full x-ray many times. No big deal.

My dumbass move on a recent flight was that I left my cell in my pocket. So I had to be as some would accuse, violated. Well, the person was very informative and explained the detailed all measures of "touching" to complete the security measure necessary to clear the error of my not removing my cell from my pocket. So they "felt me up" a little, It wasn't perverted, it was necessary to prevent a potential threat.

We all should know, http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/ ... items.shtm http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm remove all electronic devises, no liquids unless in a 1 quart bag. Metal on person will be subjected to pat down,
So don't wear any jewelry unless gold. don't bring liquids if possible, don't keep phones, cameras, laptops on person. Don't wear jackets, belts, hats, tie shoes, piercings, drugs, explosives etc. Wear comfortable clothes that can be easily removed ( Flip flops, slip on shoes), travel with as little as necessary to avoid being singled out for searches.

Remember, it is for yours as well as the rest of the passengers to check all possible threats while traveling. If you keep a good attitude and travel with a respectable attitude, you should have no problem. You cop an attitude? You get attitude back. Not fair? yes, but reality. You challenge the authorities, then you lose. Not fair, but reality.
Wilson

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:06 am

Wilson, the real issue is preventing terrorists on airplanes. Patting down 80+ year old grandmothers, as was done to my mother, does not appear to further that goal. Having sex offenders on the payroll who grope teen-aged girls does not appear to further that goal. Having the wanna-be cops on the payroll, those who couldn't pass the basic psych exams to be cops, does not further that goal. TSA needs disbanded and some real thought put into airline security.

TSA is the product of panic coming out of 9-11-01 and panic rarely results in good decisions or good government.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby bdcbbq » Thu May 31, 2012 6:16 am

Bush's biggest mistake/blunder was the Homeland Security Act. All three branches over-reacted to the paranoia post 9/11. While I really don't like the restriction I don't care if people have scissors, knives, razor blades, etc. while in passenger cabins. As far as I'm concerned there will never be a hijack again on a national flight. The passengers won't let it happen. We are all ready seeing this. The only screening really necessary is for firearms and explosives in the passenger cabins. Arm pilots, co-pilots, and navigators. The reality is if the bad guy can't in the cockpit the passengers can handle. it. Any threat on a flight I'm on will at the least have to crawl over my fat dead body before going forward giving the other passengers a way to grab him around his neck and choke him. I try to get an aisle seat up front so all I have to do is block the aisle.

Don't get me started on the rest of the security measures of the HSA.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby raycyrx » Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Bush's biggest mistake/blunder was the Homeland Security Act.

Hmmm...
- Medicare D (although the rap on that program from the left is that it doesn't go far enough)
- No Child Left Behind (a concession to Teddy to get education reform passed, but we didn't get school choice)
- Harriet Miers
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Wilson » Thu May 31, 2012 2:56 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:Patting down 80+ year old grandmothers, as was done to my mother, does not appear to further that goal. "

Well, equal opportunity. Not patting or what ever all types of persons would be profiling. Profiling is not allowed. Everyone has to be treated equally. Not that I agree but the way it is. .

Having sex offenders on the payroll who grope teen-aged girls does not appear to further that goal. Having the wanna-be cops on the payroll, those who couldn't pass the basic psych exams to be cops, does not further that goal. TSA needs disbanded and some real thought put into airline security.

Couldn't agree with you more! HOWEVER, that is what we are stuck with until the ones who hire and make the rules decide otherwise or their asses sued enought to force change happens. I would suggest video taping each pat down/search etc. would be advisable however there are arguments of pervertedness with that suggestion also..

Common sense doesn't seem to be part of the formula so just plan on being subjected, don't bitch and use your own common sense when going to the airport. Be ready and expect it could happen to everyone in your party. Doesn't help to resist or complain. I think it fuels the inconvenience.
Wilson

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Or do not fly and tell the airlines why...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Postby Wilson » Thu May 31, 2012 3:21 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:Or do not fly and tell the airlines why...

Yup! Not sure they would change anything unless mandated though.
Wilson

Postby bob_rx2000 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:04 am

If the airlines wanted a change in TSA they could get it done. They wanted TSA in 2001 as a feel good measure.
Bob_Rx2000
bob_rx2000

PreviousNext

Return to Rants