backstageadd ND

GLOBAL Warming

Re: GLOBAL Warming

Postby bdcbbq » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:01 pm

To quote Rhett,

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" is my approach to global warming.By the time global warming will reach need for societal intervention I'll be dead and gone. The technology will have made enough changes that today's issues are irrelevant. I believe we need build more nuclear power plants and increase nuclear research for applications to replace the gas engine. I would love to buy a nuclear powered car that would run the life of the car..
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby TheSeeker » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:34 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:Global temps are dropping and have dropped about 1/3 a degree. Maybe we should be worried instead about a new Ice Age???

Doesn't the theory of Global Climate Change state that the "un-natural" temperature fluctuations could cause a pre-mature ice-age?
"Reagan proved that deficits don’t matter." ~ Dick Cheney
TheSeeker

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:42 pm

OK, where is the "Global Warming?" It is 59 degrees on JULY 1st!!!!! I've been freezing all day!!!!!! :doh:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby York » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Happy Mom wrote:OK, where is the "Global Warming?" It is 59 degrees on JULY 1st!!!!! I've been freezing all day!!!!!! :doh:

Tom Skilling from WGN said that this is the coldest July start in Chicago in 79 years. Personally, I like it. Not a fan of hot weather.
York

Postby st michael jr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:43 pm

Not me, feels more like fall than summer. I am ready for sun and heat
st michael jr

Postby SBroundabout » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 am

There is no global warming. It is a lie made up by tree hugging knuckleheads who think that people should spend their time driving their electric cars to the organic market with their canvas bags to by granola on their way to a rally to save the spotted owl. It is annoying how easily people are sold on stupid ideas. If you have access to the media and a PHD after your name you can say anything and people will listen to you.
SBroundabout

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 am

SBroundabout wrote:There is no global warming. It is a lie made up by tree hugging knuckleheads who think that people should spend their time driving their electric cars to the organic market with their canvas bags to by granola on their way to a rally to save the spotted owl. It is annoying how easily people are sold on stupid ideas. If you have access to the media and a PHD after your name you can say anything and people will listen to you.

:clap: :lol: and here I thought you were a card carrying liberal wacko!!!! :handgestures-thumbup: :happy-partydance: :happy-hippy:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby OldFud » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Climatologist Gets It Right

At the turn of the century, climatologist Dr. Don Easterbrook issued his own offbeat prediction. "[I]n 1999 ... the PDO [Pacific Decadol Oscillation, a natural cycle that fluctuates between warm and cold phases] said we're due for a climate change," he explained, "and so I said okay. It looks as though we're going to be entering a period of about three decades or so of global cooling." Indeed, data reveals his prognostication was correct. "We have now had 17 years with no global warming and my original prediction was right so far," Easterbrook points out. "For the next 20 years, I predict global cooling of about 3/10ths of a degree Fahrenheit." And that's not necessarily a good thing: "Cold is way worse for humanity than warm is," he adds. So as alarmists continue with ostentatious rants about nonexistent global warming, just remember that what we're actually seeing was foreseen long ago by someone with facts on their side.

Source: Daily Digest / patriotpost.us
OldFud

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:39 pm

Some folks in Georgia enjoyed the recent warmer weather so much that they abandoned their cars along the highway so that they could cut carbon emissions by walking home.

Others are hoping to earn some side money as stunt drivers.

THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby OldFud » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm

LOL !!!!!!

Bobby, best laugh I have had all week. Many thanks !
OldFud

Previous

Return to Rants