backstageadd ND

Is collective bargaining collusive bargaining?

Re: Is collective bargaining collusive bargaining?

Postby Kingsman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:10 pm

The WSJ editorial, "A Keystone Paycheck Reform," of Jan. 25-26, 2014, praises Pennsylvania for being "The latest state to challenge monopoly union power in Pennsylvania, where the legislature is debating automatic dues payments....Public unions in PA and most states are currently able to get automatic dues deductions as part of collective bargaining. They get that power from the same politicians the unions help elect so unions sit on both sides of the bargaining table." One teacher's union official has said [not in the editorial] that if the NEA loses the automatic dues deduction, their membership will decline by a third.
Kingsman

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 pm

I'd love to see fewer automatic deductions from paychecks. If workers had to write a check they would question the value-cost of things.
THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby bob_rx2000 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:34 pm

I would like to see the same logic applied to income tax and Social Security tax payments. Have everyone write quarterly tax payment checks and lots of questions will be asked, very quickly.

There are several teacher union cheerleaders on the forum for my hometown in PA and they absolutely recognize what loss of automatic dues deductions will do to their rice bowl. Back in the day, Ralphie Nader tried to get Penn State to start a "PIRG" or public interest research group to be funded by a two dollar per student fee added to tuition, but that would be refunded upon request. He wasn't very polite when Penn State told him they would allow students to add the fee if they desired but wouldn't make it part of the deal. Needless to say, Ralphie went away.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Previous

Return to Rants