backstageadd ND

St. Joseph County Snow Plow Drivers (%$#@&*%)

St. Joseph County Snow Plow Drivers (%$#@&*%)

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:17 pm

I have been going through this for the past 26 years and today was the 'straw that broke the camel's back.' I was scheduled for a mammogram this morning. I took off work, did all my washing, cleaning, etc. and then went up to take a shower. I dressed, went downstairs, got into my car, pulled out of my garage and stopped.....wait WAS stopped! A 4 and a half foot wall of snow was not only blocking my driveway, but my mailbox was completely buried under the snow, as was the fire hydrant that we had kept uncovered all Winter. I went back into the house called the Doctors and told them I was trapped and couldn't make the appointment and proceeded to try and shovel out of the mess. I took pictures and I also noticed that half our lawn was plowed along with our sprinkler heads destroyed. Dr. Happy has put up markers so that the plows would know where to plow but do they care? NO!!!!
Our street hasn't been plowed all month but they come by at 50 miles an hour, tear up our lawn and block our mailbox, hydrant and any cars from leaving or getting in.
I used language that I didn't know I had while spending over an hour trying to dig out our driveway. The rest of our neighbors are in the same boat and they will have no way of getting in their driveway when they come home tonight and there is no where to park on the street.
I don't know if these drivers are stupid,jealous, incompetent, evil, or just too damn lazy to care about others.
I pay taxes, I keep our home up, I pay my bills on time, I vote every election and I resent the hell out of this $#@&*$*+*% Piece of S#!+ NOT doing his job and destroying our property. :angry-cussing: :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-fire: :angry-steamingears: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-devil: :angry-banghead: :evil:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: St. Joseph County Snow Plow Drivers (%$#@&*%)

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:43 pm

THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby st michael jr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Hope you took some pictures of it all. Call for a County highway supervisor.
st michael jr

Postby dunk50 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:07 pm

HM, I just sent an email to Dave Thomas (my city commish) that was probably a little to nice. In that e-mail I told him this is the worse plowing job I have seen in over 40 years to include the blizzard of 78. Yea I know we got a lot of snow. I also know that between snows they had time to do some clean up and peel back for curbs and intersections. They did not. I have honestly been showing my wife for a couple of weeks where the city and city have lost the fight with the snow and actually have no way to get it back. They have let it build into the streets and intersections where it has frozen and not the trucks can't touch it. Where I live the entrance to the subdivision is almost closed due to poor plowing. My guess is they are just praying for warm weather to save their collective asses. I personally don't care for their excuses, to me they blew it. The Mayor and ALL the county commissioners need to hear from the people. They won't! OH, and BTW, in the not to distant future all the wives of the drivers and politicians will be telling everyone how well they did considering the amount of snow. BS, they SUCK!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:26 pm

I took pictures and to tell you the truth, I am just beat down with the incompetence in this City and County. It just seems that the good citizens are the ones who continue to get screwed by these lazy, power hungry idiots who pretend to run this Community. I just had a complete meltdown. Dunk, you are correct, there will be all these relatives coming out of the woodwork praising the tough job the plow drivers had. I have lived in a lot of places and this is the absolute worse for incompetence and no consequences for the A$$idiots that are suppose to do their job. Shame on them and shame on the politicians who give them excuses. Fire them!!!!! :angry-fire: :angry-banghead:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Bingo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am

I had markers up too to show the curb line, but the guy plows the snow right over the marker breaking same off at the ground and these are fence pole grade markers.... :think:
Last edited by Bingo on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bingo

Postby dunk50 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:03 pm

WELL folks if you call, email and post bad things about your street dept or county commissioners you kinds of have to go with the damned if you do and damed if you don't philosophy. I complained on here and emailed and phoned and guess what. I live on a court, we don't see plows for weeks and if we do it's a pickup truck or belly blade that is less than optimal. Gee, after all that complaining yesterday will wonders never cease? This morning a truck with a belly plow hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court and hit my court!!!!!!!!!!!! That's correct, 11 times in and out. All that snow they did not plow to the curb they hit and hit and hit. Obviously we now have near 4' of heavy wet slush approx 5' across closing our driveway. Driver refused to look at us and KNEW exactly what he was doing. No big deal for me, as anyone that knows me knows that I am prepared for such crap. Small snow blower, large snow blower and tractor with blade. Also a plow truck on call. Soeee all in all I'm good with it even though they are a bunch of ass hats. NOW just to be sure it does not happen again in the next few hours, I moved my fully insured car in front of my house. Short of a front end loader, they can't do it again. I know, of course it was coincidence and of course they have to plow stuff into your drive. Thanks guys!!! :whistle:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby bubblyone » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 am

I had my run-in with the city over this very issue this morning. Remember, I live on an alley access. I have a car that sits low to the ground. Since the alleys are not plowed, the neighbors and I often pay to have the alley plowed. We did this several times this year. After paying to have the alley plowed, I still could not park in my garage, because the ends of the alley were continually plowed shut by the street. Ok so be it. I parked on the street and kept moving my car accordingly, sometimes parking almost two blocks away. No complaining done here or anywhere about it.

The garbage trucks came down the alley, and then the snow on either side of the tires made a "wall" if you will next to my driveway. At that point, that 2 foot high "wall" which was hard packed snow, was too much for me or my little snowblower to deal with. I decided that in time, it would melt, all in good time. The past several days, I have been working on that wall, chipping away so that it would melt faster, and at some point I could put my car in the garage. I worked on it until 6 last night.

I went outside to check out downspouts this morning, and looked at the driveway. I was in disbelief. Something had come down the alley and had taken the snow from four houses down to mine (from the alley) and pushed it into my driveway and my landscaping. The tire tracks were enormous, and the "wall" that it left between the alley and my drive, which butt up against each other was way more than three of us could have dealt with. Not to mention what is going to happen when it freezes.

Yep, 311 line here I come. When they said they would have someone call me later in the day, I said no, you have 5 minutes to have someone return call or knock on my front door, or I will be to the mayor's office in 10. For sure, that call was returned in 5 minutes. Let's just say that I told them in no uncertain terms that they would indeed be out there to correct the situation....to my satisfaction. To take snow from a city owned piece of land and slam it into my private driveway, and landscaping (not to mention sprinkler heads) is totally out of line. I was told it may have been code enforcement. I told them I didn't care what city entity did it, some city entity needed to correct it.

Happy Mom, I am thinking that I could have taught you a few new words this morning. Total IDIOTS!!!
bubblyone

Postby bubblyone » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Hey guys, just so you don't think I was given preferential treatment, when I went home at lunch, the M$%^&(*) FJKJKLJLKJL IDIOTS pulled it out of my bushes and left everything else! They are making their case....for me to move out of their splendid city. There is no quality of life here!
bubblyone

Return to Rants