backstageadd ND

Goose Beaten to Death

Goose Beaten to Death

Postby Happy Mom » Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Teen arrested after goose brutally beaten to death

By Kristin Bien (kbien@wsbt.com)

It is something even police say is shocking. A 14-year-old boy was arrested after witnesses say he beat a Canada goose to death with a stick.

It happened Saturday afternoon at Elkhart's High Dive Park.

"I saw a kid with a stick wailing on a goose,” said a witness who called police. “The goose was flapping its wings trying to get away. That is when I called police and told them they had killed a goose."

When police arrived the goose had already died.

"The goose was clearly dead," said the witness, who asked to not be identified by WSBT. "We could see the body floating and apparently the head was down in the water because you could not see the head anywhere...there was no life in the body at all."

Police arrested the boy at the scene on a charge of animal cruelty. Because he is a juvenile, his name is being withheld, but we know he was released into the custody of his mother.

"I am angry," said the witness, "I mean, to see a defenseless animal killed like that for no good reason. It was cruel, it was stunning to have my children subjected to it. I understand hunting and to gather for food. This was nothing like that. This was just a senseless act of violence. And it disturbed me deeply."

After the investigation is complete, the case will be reviewed by the prosecutor’s office. Then, as with most juvenile cases, probation will decide whether or not the case will go to court.
http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-teen-arre ... 6587.story
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to Everything Pets