backstageadd ND

LOST DOGS!

LOST DOGS!

Postby Ben A. Around » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 am

Our boys took off on Monday night. They are both male/nuetered shepherd mixes, each wearing a chocker chain and orange reflective collars with tags from Dr. Huffer/Lakeville Animal Clinic. Theie names are Loki and Ozzy. The Humane Society received a call from someone Tuesday (4/10) afternoon around 1:30 pm saying she saw two dogs with collars on St. Rd. 23 just west of Mayflower, standing in the road looking lost. She also said she had seen them go by an old building in that area. This is roughly 5 miles from where we live. Any help would be appreciated. We are heartbroken.
Ben A. Around

Re: LOST DOGS!

Postby Spider » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 am

I hope you can bring them home safely.

A few tips, call the local Petsmarts and Petcos and let them know, put up a flyer there if you can. Lots of non-animal people that find pets will bring them to stores like that instead of a shelter. Same thing goes for all the local vets in the area.
Spider

Postby Ben A. Around » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 am

I cruised the 23/Mayflower area this morning. Just by chance I stopped at Blad Farms. A guy there told me he saw them yesterday around 3pm, laying together. He said they were muddy as anything from ditch. I am making up fliers to distribute. Thanks, Spider.
Ben A. Around

Postby southsider » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Oh no! I will definetely keep my eyes out and pray for their safe return home!
southsider

Postby johndobee » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm

I sure hope you find them! Another tip: Call Pet Refuge on 6th st. in Mishawaka. They have a phone chain they alert to be on the lookout for your pups. You can't have too many eyes out there!
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby Ben A. Around » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Last sighting was Blad Farms around 3 on Tuesday and then they were in the front yard of the little white house with the wooden ramp across from the farm around 5pm. When the guy who lives in the house came across from work at the farm they trotted off south on Mayflower towards 23....nothing since..still looking. Still missing them. :think: :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow:
Ben A. Around

Postby johndobee » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 pm

I freaked today! I was on Hively in Elkhart at a stop and saw these two Jack Russell Terriers go trotting across the yard of this plant I was at. They weren't wearing collars, but looked healthy, but dirty from being on the run. I was RACKING my brain trying to think what kind of dogs you mentioned! I know, they were a bit far from where you said they'd last been seen, but it was just so unusual to see I wondered if it could be them.
Hmm?? traveling south on towards 23 along Mayflower. I'd make sure you get flyers up at Kern Road and the gas station there. Lot's of farms south, lot's of smells to keep them moving south. Check in with Gilmer Park animal Clinic with a flyer as well.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby Ideal Baloney » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:28 am

The area bordered by Mayflower, 23, Kern and Orange is a large expanse containing gravel pits, ponds, trails and brush. There are also gravel pits and deep ponds on the west side of Orange Road.

Google aerial map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=West+Ireland+Road,+South+Bend,+IN&hl=en&ll=41.614929,-86.327991&spn=0.018032,0.042272&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.047881,86.572266&oq=ireland+rd,+south+bend&hnear=W+Ireland+Rd,+South+Bend,+Indiana+46614&t=h&z=15

Chances are pretty good that your pooches are pinned down in this area. I'll help you search there today - PM me, OK?
Ideal Baloney

Postby Ben A. Around » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Got a call at 8:36 pm last night- the boys were spotted on Roosevelt just east of Oak. We took off and there they were. Loki is a little stinky on the top of his head from a skunk. Other than being exhausted and hungry both are fine. Thanks to everyone who was keeping an eye out! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Ben A. Around

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Ben A. Around wrote:Got a call at 8:36 pm last night- the boys were spotted on Roosevelt just east of Oak. We took off and there they were. Loki is a little stinky on the top of his head from a skunk. Other than being exhausted and hungry both are fine. Thanks to everyone who was keeping an eye out! :dance: :dance: :dance:

That is the best news!!! I'm so happy for the Ben A. Round Family, especially the canine members!!! :clap: :dance: :D
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Next

Return to Everything Pets