backstageadd ND

Hoarders

Re: Hoarders

Postby Wilson » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:20 pm

So, I sorta watched it last night. I ended up falling asleep :sleeping-sleeping: so I missed the ending. Very disturbing to say the least. I agree, all should have been arrested :law-policered: , both houses destroyed :violence-bomb: . Even cleaned up, they weren't fit to be lived in. I also can't believe that any landlord would allow the bunny man to stay. I would sue the pants off the guy (knowing I won't get a dime, but at least I'd have him out!).

Animal cruelty is a mild description of what the chicken lady was doing. She had those chickens packed in and unable to move :animals-chicken: :animals-chickencatch: .

Very disturbing, there are people who live like that :scared-yipes: .

Why wasn't there something done before now? The family members who knew of this behavior and living conditions should be held responsible too :violence-smack: . They aided and abetted the persons :eusa-naughty: . FOR YEARS! Sick :puke-right: :puke-left: . :twocents-02cents:
Wilson

Postby Kingsman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Hoarders: It's sickening, sad, gross, vile, abhorrent, depressing, but you know you like to watch...you like to watch...you like to watch....
Kingsman

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Hoarders Finale is on right now..... He lives with rats and it is the most disgusting house yet..... :shock:
oh and the second story is a cat woman.... :o :scared-eek: :scared-yipes:

The Rat man turned out to be sweet, bizarre but sweet. The Cat woman was nuts.... :shock:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 pm

A new season of Hoarders has started tonight... Wow, I don't know where they find these people. Unbelievable!!! It is on A & E right now. :shock:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

'Hoarding' TV show could save South Bend home

KEVIN ALLEN South Bend Tribune Staff Writer

6:47 p.m. EDT, August 16, 2011
SOUTH BEND — A reality TV show could save an eastside resident’s house from demolition.

And, in the process, it also might save her from the affliction that caused her home to fall into disrepair.

A film crew from TLC’s "Hoarding: Buried Alive" was on hand today for a South Bend Code Enforcement hearing, where officials discussed an elderly woman’s house and yard that have filled with garbage over the years.

The city had issued a request for the home to be demolished, but hearing officer Andre Gammage, with agreement from city officials, changed that to a repair order today.

Thanks to the potential for a major rehabilitation through the TLC show, the homeowner will have until mid-December to make her house livable again.

"Hoarding" is a show about what compels some people to accumulate and store large quantities of nonessential items.

Each episode follows the stories of hoarders whose behavior has made daily life unbearable. The show employs therapists and professional organizers to help the subjects regain control of their lives.

The woman, who asked not to be named, told officials Tuesday that her understanding is work on her house will begin in September and continue for six weeks. She isn’t living there now because it’s unsafe in its current condition.

"I’m afraid of the house, to be real honest with you," she told officials today.

Catherine Toppel, the city’s director of code enforcement, said paramedics alerted her office after going to the woman’s home for a medical call. Code enforcement workers then contacted TLC.

Toppel said she hopes the woman receives the help she needs.

"It’s a sickness, unfortunately," she said of hoarding. "This is one of the worst cases we’ve seen."

Representatives from the show declined to comment for this article.

Staff writer Kevin Allen:
kallen@sbtinfo.com
574-235-6244
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... ?track=rss
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:04 am

Workers find Dallas man's body after repeated attempts to find him in home filled with clutter

Published March 28, 2014
Associated Press

Hazardous materials contractors for the city remove debris from the home where a body was found in the 6200 block of Martel Avenue in Dallas, Texas on Thursday, March 27, 2014. Dallas fire and police departments started searching the house following a welfare check on Saturday. Due to the circumstances the City Attorney’s office was contacted to obtain a warrant to provide a removal process of the debris from inside the home. A contractor was secured to begin the removal process. On Thursday the contractors reported that they had found a dead body inside the home. (AP Photo/The Dallas Morning News, Brad Loper) (The Associated Press)

DALLAS – A Dallas house was so jammed with clutter that it took two days before the homeowner's body was finally discovered amid the debris, authorities said Friday.

Only after city officials brought in a contractor to remove piles of debris from the home did cadaver dogs help crews in protective suits locate the 67-year-old man Thursday.

At one point during the search, emergency workers who had looked through multiple piles of clutter without finding the man cut holes in the roof to gain access through the attic. The debris reached to the ceiling in some areas.

The carcasses of two dogs and a raccoon found amid the squalor distracted cadaver dogs used in the search. Also found were gallon milk jugs filled with urine as the bathroom was inaccessible because of the clutter.

"We just could not get around or find anything," said Dallas Fire-Rescue Lt. Joel Lavender.

Authorities went to the house last weekend on a welfare check after the unidentified man had not been heard from since March 15.

Workers wearing protective suits and breathing gear could be seen this week removing loads of trash from the home, including outdated electronics.

"It honestly looks as though if you didn't throw away anything — anything at all for, say, 20 years," neighbor Mary Pat Rodriguez told Dallas station WFAA-TV. "That's what your house would look like inside."

It's not clear if foul play is suspected in the man's death. Homicide detectives are helping with the investigation, but police didn't immediately respond to messages seeking details about those detectives' involvement.

A Chihuahua was alive amid the disarray. Leo Gregg, a friend of the man, told local television stations he is now caring for the dog named Buddy.

"Gave him a bath, cleaned him up," Gregg said. "I knew that dog meant everything to him."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/28/wo ... me-filled/
Happy Mom

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Happy Mom wrote:'Hoarding' TV show could save South Bend home

SOUTH BEND — A reality TV show could save an eastside resident’s house from demolition.

And, in the process, it also might save her from the affliction that caused her home to fall into disrepair.

Any update on this situation? Did TLC make and broadcast an episode about this?
THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 pm

BobbyBeetleMishawaka wrote:
Happy Mom wrote:'Hoarding' TV show could save South Bend home

Any update on this situation? Did TLC make and broadcast an episode about this?

I'm not sure the show even came here or we would have heard something. :?
Happy Mom

Previous

Return to Books, Movies, TV