backstageadd ND

Recycle your books

Re: Recycle your books

Postby eascheetz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:30 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:
Hey Lovechild -- I have way more books to get rid of than any 20 doctor's offices would ever want to have placed. Is there an organization that would want them? Do you know if Goodwill takes used books? I'm talking a couple of hundred books here...

Goodwill will take them. If they are in good shape they will be sold and proceeds will be used to fund employment opportunities to those with barriers to work. What they can't use they will be given to other organizations.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix
eascheetz

Postby Big Kahuna » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 am

I found 2 of my favorite books from childhood at the Goodwill today....both first editions....

Big Kahuna

Postby bdcbbq » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 am

I'm pretty sure books can be donated to the Friends of the Library. They have quarterly book sales. My wife buys books there. Then donates some of them back.

I take all my 2nd Amendment magazines to appointments and leave them laying around. Got to spread the truth around.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Big Kahuna » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:57 am

Speaking of magazines....I've got some unread copies of "The Watchtower" somewhere if anyone's interested.
Big Kahuna

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 am

Big Kahuna wrote:Speaking of magazines....I've got some unread copies of "The Watchtower" somewhere if anyone's interested.

What is "The Watchtower?"
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Big Kahuna » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:03 am

Happy Mom wrote:
Big Kahuna wrote:Speaking of magazines....I've got some unread copies of "The Watchtower" somewhere if anyone's interested.

Have you ever been awakened at 7 am on a saturday morning by a couple of smartly dressed Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on your door? The Watchtower is the publication they leave behind as I loudly tell them to get the heII off my property.
Big Kahuna

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:05 am

Thanks BK! :lol: :lol:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Big Kahuna » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 am

Where else can you go to find Jehovah Witness humor this early on a sunday morning? Hmmm....that's right...No where....except the South Bend Forum!
Big Kahuna

Postby southsider » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Big Kahuna wrote:
Happy Mom wrote:

Have you ever been awakened at 7 am on a saturday morning by a couple of smartly dressed Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on your door? The Watchtower is the publication they leave behind as I loudly tell them to get the heII off my property.

Ahhhhhhhh, and they just dont stop either!!!!

I would think after kindly asking them to NOT come back, they would get it, but noooooooooooooooo, they just dont give it a rest..... Even with 3 dogs growling and snarling at them through the front door they just keep coming back, I guess you gotta get vocal like BK, so they get the picture... I worked with a JW recently and while I had the utmost of respect for her & her faith, boy oh boy, they have some different beliefs!
southsider

Postby bdcbbq » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:38 pm

southsider wrote:
Ahhhhhhhh, and they just dont stop either!!!!

I would think after kindly asking them to NOT come back, they would get it, but noooooooooooooooo, they just dont give it a rest..... Even with 3 dogs growling and snarling at them through the front door they just keep coming back, I guess you gotta get vocal like BK, so they get the picture... I worked with a JW recently and while I had the utmost of respect for her & her faith, boy oh boy, they have some different beliefs!

I just waddled over from my computer to answer the door. I invited them in and they haven't been back since. :twisted: :lol:
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Previous

Return to Books, Movies, TV