backstageadd ND

American Idol

American Idol

Postby lovechild » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 am

This season has been a total bummer so far. I haven't even seen one person that makes me want to watch faithfully. I am sure that the guys are diggin' the bikini girl from last Tuesday. Hope they find some good people soon. I like Kara she is a good addition.
"Love the life you live, live the life you love."
lovechild

Re: American Idol

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 am

I was watching American Idol in the Family Room, Lostin the Kitchen and posting on the Southbendforum. The Forum was more entertaining than the other two... :o
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby jroyale » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:39 am

what ???!!!! You did not like the opener for Lost?
Don't like jumping through time and space?
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 pm

jroyale wrote:what ???!!!! You did not like the opener for Lost?

I've been watching it from the beginning and I'm more confused than ever.... :roll:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Happy Mom wrote:
jroyale wrote:what ???!!!! You did not like the opener for Lost?

I've been watching it from the beginning and I'm more confused than ever.... :roll:

HM, I think the name of the show, Lost, is met to describe the viewers.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Flxible9150 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 am

lovechild wrote:This season has been a total bummer so far. I haven't even seen one person that makes me want to watch faithfully. I am sure that the guys are diggin' the bikini girl from last Tuesday. Hope they find some good people soon. I like Kara she is a good addition.

They should go ahead & cancel this show.
Flxible9150

Postby lovechild » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:03 am

I am a big fan of AI, but this year is really really bad. Tonight was bad, last night the only good singer was some girl who has already had a record contract....the only reason that I will keep watching is just for Hell Week to see how much Simon will have to say!!!
lovechild

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 pm

lovechild wrote:....the only reason that I will keep watching is just for Hell Week to see how much Simon will have to say!!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...but I'm going to guess he'll say something like...."I don't mean to be rude, but …" inevitably followed by an unsparingly blunt appraisal of the contestant's talents.
Big Kahuna

Postby lovechild » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 pm

You never know what Paula is going to do though!!
lovechild

Postby Big Kahuna » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:51 pm

One thing she's NOT going to do...is worry about this fruitcake bothering her anymore.

JANUARY 29--The California woman who committed suicide last year while parked in front of Paula Abdul's Sherman Oaks home had the walls of her residence covered with pictures of the "American Idol" judge, had Abdul's name tattooed inside her mouth, and was found dead amidst "multiple pictures" of the performer, according to a Los Angeles coroner's report. Paula Goodspeed, 30, died last November after overdosing on Prozac and two other drugs, including one prescribed to treat schizophrenia. Excerpts of the coroner's report, which was released yesterday, can be found below. Goodspeed, investigators noted, was "infatuated" with Abdul and, in January 2008, had tried to OD in front of the celebrity's home. A post-mortem examination of Goodspeed's body revealed a variety of piercings and body art, some of which were "artificial" tattoos drawn with makeup or paint. Vladimir Levicky, a deputy medical examiner, noted that during the autopsy "another tattoo is found over the inner aspect of the lower lip. It appears to read the name 'Paula Abdul.'" Goodspeed, pictured above during a failed 2005 "American Idol" audition, was found dead in a Toyota Camry with the license plate "ABL LV."

You can read the entire report here...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0129091paula1.html
Big Kahuna

Next

Return to Books, Movies, TV