backstageadd ND

Movie--"Son of God"

Movie--"Son of God"

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Haven't seen "Son of God" yet, but I am betting that the book is better than the movie.
-- BBM

THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Re: Movie--"Son of God"

Postby jroyale » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:37 pm

I see what you did there. :whistle:
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Postby Kingsman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:25 pm

I haven't seen it-though I intend to do so. I am surprised that, contrary to the firestorm of protest against Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," the usual suspects (ADL, AJC, B'nai B'rith) have been apparently silent about SOG. Does that mean that Christ has been portrayed in a bland manner?
Kingsman

Postby Xenokilla » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Kingsman wrote:I haven't seen it-though I intend to do so. I am surprised that, contrary to the firestorm of protest against Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," the usual suspects (ADL, AJC, B'nai B'rith) have been apparently silent about SOG. Does that mean that Christ has been portrayed in a bland manner?

The real answer is that no one famous for anti Jewish rants is behind this one.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby Kingsman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:24 am

Xeno: To attribute the opposition of Jewish groups because of anti-Jewish rants (hint: the attacks came from a much darker place) by Mel Gibson reminds me of the video which caused all that trouble in Benghazi. In any event Mel Gibson profited from the attacks/notoriety as his film racked up $370 million at the box office. I doubt that SOG will come close to that figure but I hope it does well. Mark Burnett seems to be a much better person than Mel Gibson particularly when it comes to presenting the story of Jesus.
Kingsman

Postby raycyrx » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:41 pm

I've heard it is a poor to mediocre film... so I changed my mind about seeing it in the theater.

I try to watch Passion of the Christ every year and the more I watch it, the less I like it.
I still think it's a stunning film to watch and has a good basis... but so many s l o w m o t i o n scenes stretch it out too much.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Return to Books, Movies, TV