backstageadd ND

Bruno's Pizza on Probation

Bruno's Pizza on Probation

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Pizza restaurant location on probation
By ALICIA GALLEGOS
Tribune Staff Writer

SOUTH BEND — A well-known pizza restaurant is on probation after repeated health problems found by inspectors.

Bruno’s, 2202 Mishawaka Avenue in South Bend, was recently disciplimed by the St. Joseph County Health Department for several violations, including inadequate food records, rodent droppings, improper bottle labeling, and generally unsanitary conditions.

At a recent hearing, managers at the store told health inspectors that they had made the necessary cleaning corrections and planned to better train staff on health codes.

Memorial Hospital & Health System
The Bruno’s restaurant is now on probation for six months and must pay a $75 fine. It is the second time in less than a month that a Bruno’s location has been in trouble with health officials.

In November, Bruno’s at 3515 Bremen Highway in Mishwaka also was placed on probation after successive health violations.
http://www.sbtinfo.com/article/20091210 ... /1011/News
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Bruno's Pizza on Probation

Postby NMSB » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:46 pm

I knew there was something about the taste of their pizza that I just didn't like.
I love South Bend so I read and post comments on South Bend Forum.
NMSB

Re: Bruno's Pizza on Probation

Postby Big Kahuna » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:16 pm

NMSB wrote:I knew there was something about the taste of their pizza that I just didn't like.

Not only the odd taste...but the cheese always looks grey. What's that about?!??
Big Kahuna

Return to Restaurant reviews