backstageadd ND

K's Pub and Grill Closing

K's Pub and Grill Closing

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:54 pm

K's final days

K's Grill & Pub, 1733 South Bend Ave., South Bend, is planning to close its doors for good on Saturday.

Owner Kevin Kwiatkowski tried to keep the restaurant — featured last month in Market Basket — open as long as he could, but the economy has taken its toll. The local restaurant will close at 9 p.m. Saturday.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article ... /100219354

I love their Hot Dogs.. How sad!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: K's Pub and Grill Closing

Postby backstagedee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 pm

That's too bad. ESC had to hurt them just like it has and will the CBD. Progress has victims, and there will be more. Is guided redistribution of retail business really progress?
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby backstagedee » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm

But wait! There's more... From Heidi's Facebook:
Market Basket You heard it first from The Basket: K's Grill & Pub is planning to reopen at 1733 South Bend Ave. More details are coming, as the South Bend restaurant is taking apps for employment and prepares to open its doors again. Stay tuned!
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby bdcbbq » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 pm

backstagedee wrote:But wait! There's more... From Heidi's Facebook:
Market Basket You heard it first from The Basket: K's Grill & Pub is planning to reopen at 1733 South Bend Ave. More details are coming, as the South Bend restaurant is taking apps for employment and prepares to open its doors again. Stay tuned!

Maybe Dave Frank bought it back.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby HJF » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Today I saw the K's sign announcing the "Grand Reopening" on Saturday, March 13.
HJF

Postby Wilson » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Rumor is C.J.'s Pub is going in. After today's Marketbasket article, seems the concept will change from that of K's. Hmmmmmm Wonder why it's taking so long to close the deal.

23/South Bend Avenue seems to becoming a restaurant Grape Road. Eleni's moving there also. Just need to have something that has entertainment.
Wilson

Postby backstagedee » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Wilson wrote:Rumor is C.J.'s Pub is going in. After today's Marketbasket article, seems the concept will change from that of K's. Hmmmmmm Wonder why it's taking so long to close the deal.

23/South Bend Avenue seems to becoming a restaurant Grape Road. Eleni's moving there also. Just need to have something that has entertainment.

If I could sell this building I would be out there.
backstagedee

Postby dunk50 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Dee, move it closer to the Cove and the city will pay good money to tear it down. Joe needs more parking. Still waiting for the City to buy the other 3 / 4 corners so Gates can be gone for good and Joe will have plenty of parking. :whistle: You are in a TIF area aren't YOU! Cause some problems and the Airport will buy you out or, or, or! :whistle:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby bob_rx2000 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 am

BSD, the other alternative is to just abandon ship. You have to be operating that place as a subchapter-s corporation or some other liability limiting structure. Go out to the Rt. 23 area and let the city have the structure for taxes. Your ND clientele will be happier since it will be closer and marginally safer for them to get back to dorms and apartments late in the evening.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby backstagedee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Ummm Bob, I don't think my banker would like that very much as I still have a pretty healthy mortgage on that property.
backstagedee

Return to Restaurant reviews