backstageadd ND

East Bank Emporium

Re: East Bank Emporium

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm

So has the quality of the food declined since the new management took over or has it always been subpar? Unless I am mistaken, it was formerly managed by Bruce Tassell, who manages Doc Pierce's in Mishawaka and the Matterhorn in Elkhart. Last year or the year before he sold the Emporium to a new management team but kept ownership of the (prime) property.
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby bdcbbq » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 pm

I've never been impressed by the food at the Emporium or Doc Pierce's. While not as bad as Applebee's, TGIF, etc. they still run with that pack.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby South Bender » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah, river-side dining isn't exactly that wonderful considering all the combined sewers still entering the river and the lovely shade of brown the water maintains year round with smell of dead fish. Should build all the buffet-style resteraunts along the river, then the caca wouldn't have that far to travel.
South Bender

Postby Yorktown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 am

I haven't been there in ages but they do have a very nice outdoor dining area, probably the nicest downtown. I did notice the "river" smell when I went by yesterday. It's kind of swampy in that location.

Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:46 pm

York, you are the BEST Photographer!!! These pictures you take are professional quality...Very impressive!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 pm

:oops:

Thank you. I try. That one isn't as good as it could be because it was taken facing the sun but I truly appreciate the compliments.
Yorktown

Previous

Return to Restaurant reviews