backstageadd ND

Temper Grille

Temper Grille

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 pm

http://web.tempergrille.com/about-us
My friend and I are going to try this tonight. Anyone been here yet?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Temper Grille

Postby southsider » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 am

Never been but interested in knowing how your visit went...
southsider

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 am

It was fabulous! Our waiter explained that the portions were small and that it was a tappas theme so my friend and I ordered an appetizer, soup, and and entree. OMG, Everything was delicious but they were far from small portions. We took a lot home. My friend had a pumkin soup that was to die for...I had a white chicken chili, that I just loved. I had a shrimp entree and my friend had steak. It was displayed perfectly and was delicious. She had a scallop appetizer and I had a spinach with pita bread dip. We each had a glass of wine and the bill for both of us was under $70. Next time we won't order as much. It wasn't very crowded but I'm not sure they have gotten the word out yet. Sean Kelly, the chef at Ruth Chris's is the owner/chef and he came and sat with us and was very personable and nice... We'll be going back... :D :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:09 pm

I had not heard of this establishment. After a quick look at the website...It's on the to do list now!
Big Kahuna

Postby backstagedee » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 am

The BSDs got cleaned up, made reservations and took GrandMa Bsd (my Mom) to Temper for her birthday. Upon arrival we found a sign on the door indicating "Must be 21 to enter". Youngest BSD is a teenager so that was out. I walked in and politely informed them that we were unaware of the age restriction and would have to cancel our table. Being a Wednesday night, getting a table at SOHO was easy and pleased Mom, the youngest and I. (Mrs. and elder Miss BSD were not as pleased since they have little or no sense of culinary adventure.) We made sure to lay the blame squarely upon younger Miss BSD over and over throughout the evening.
I know I should've asked when calling for reservation, but I had familiarized myself with Temper's website and menu and found no mention of the age restriction so it slipped my mind. I have no problem with the policy, but I wish I had seen mention of it on the website. It could've been embarassing had it been a Friday night when our "Plan Bravo" options may have been much more limited. Lesson re-learned.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby bdcbbq » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:44 pm

backstagedee wrote:The BSDs got cleaned up, made reservations and took GrandMa Bsd (my Mom) to Temper for her birthday. Upon arrival we found a sign on the door indicating "Must be 21 to enter". Youngest BSD is a teenager so that was out. I walked in and politely informed them that we were unaware of the age restriction and would have to cancel our table. Being a Wednesday night, getting a table at SOHO was easy and pleased Mom, the youngest and I. (Mrs. and elder Miss BSD were not as pleased since they have little or no sense of culinary adventure.) We made sure to lay the blame squarely upon younger Miss BSD over and over throughout the evening.
I know I should've asked when calling for reservation, but I had familiarized myself with Temper's website and menu and found no mention of the age restriction so it slipped my mind. I have no problem with the policy, but I wish I had seen mention of it on the website. It could've been embarassing had it been a Friday night when our "Plan Bravo" options may have been much more limited. Lesson re-learned.

Just get your daughter one of those confiscated IDs you run into occasionally. :mrgreen:
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Dr. Happy and Mr. and Mrs. Big Kahuna and I just dined at Temper Grille tonight. I'm always a little hesitate to take people to a place I think a lot of and have raved about because I'm afraid maybe they (the Restaurant) will not be consistent. I didn't have to worry... It was a fabulous dining experience, from the very attentive waitress, to the Owner/chef stopping by and introducing himself.. We all shared tuna, portabella mushrooms, spicy steak bits, spinach and cheese dip, stuffed chicken, macaroni and cheese, and then we had strawberry shortcake and truffles for desert.
I kept thinking I would find something I just wasn't as fond of but not a chance. Everything was delicious, beautifully prepared and presented and just completely wonderful . :clap: :clap: :clap:
Happy Mom

Postby Gabriel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:45 am

InMichiana did an article on Temper Grille. Found it on page 22 of the online version.

http://digital.ipcprintservices.com/pub ... n/?i=42134
Gabriel

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:38 pm

http://web.tempergrille.com/about-us

Dr. Happy, Happy son and I just had the most wonderful dining experience at Temper Grille. There are new delights on the menu and the Lobster bites are to die for.....
I just wrote a long review and somehow lost it... :cry:
This is the fourth time I have been there and it keeps getting better... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Happy Mom

Postby Kingsman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Mrs. K and I had an anniversary dinner there last evening. Happy Mom's remarks about TG were on the money. We shared a "St. Joseph Ravioli" appetizer with lobster filling, "crabby cakes," tequila lime chicken and side dishes of pan fried garlic potatoes, and green beans/red onions, and a glass of wine apiece. Food and drink bill was $65. Don't let the "small plates" aspect fool you. You don't go away hungry and it's fun to share the dishes. Be sure to visit the rest rooms--even if you don't need to. The men's room was one of the hippest places I've seen: lots of mirrors, black accessories except for a red sink. That description doesn't begin to do justice to it. Talked with a waiter and he said he designed it. Asked about the ladies room, he said it's a "little less flamboyant." One cavil: they had an electric piano and I thought it overpowered a small room. Our table was right next to it so that no doubt influenced my opinion. (Credit the piano player: he asked us if the sound was too loud. Of course I said it was fine--not wishing to say an offending word. Even tipped him as we left--just to show myself that I'm not such a bad guy.) I'd prefer soft jazz or classical background music.
Kingsman

Return to Restaurant reviews