backstageadd ND

The Mark

The Mark

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm

My best friend and I just got back from an excellent dining experience. We went to The Mark which has just opened in Eddy Street Commons. It has a great location on the corner right next to the lighted Parking Garage (which is open 24 hours and very well lighted and safe) We had an appetizer of popcorn shrimp, which was to die for!!! The dip was a Cajun mix and delicious. We each ordered a drink and both were great although a little light on the alcohol. We next split a grilled cheese sandwich, that was like no grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had...Bacon, several different cheeses on a cheese bread...Excellent! Our waitress was very good and our water was constantly filled. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.
http://www.thecleanplateclubrestaurants.com/
http://www.eddycommons.com/restaurants.cfm
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: The Mark

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:46 am

I had dessert and a drink there a week or two ago - excellent service and food, and I am looking forward to a meal there.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Buck Wheat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 am

$10.25 for a hamburger. $6.50 hot dogs. Bowl of soup, $5.75. They'll be out of business by March 2011.

:shock:
Buck Wheat

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:41 am

Buck Wheat wrote:$10.25 for a hamburger. $6.50 hot dogs. Bowl of soup, $5.75. They'll be out of business by March 2011.

:shock:

Not with the Notre Dame business and it was packed with people waiting on a Wednesday night!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Buck Wheat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 am

Buck Wheat

Postby Bender » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 pm

My husband and I ate there last night. Not impressed. My husband had the Cuban sandwich and homemade chips (much better of late at the Backstage Grill, both items, and cheaper). I had the turkey sandwich, which was not hot when I got it, just warm. They offered to redo it, but we waited so long the first time, I did not want to be eating when my husband was long finished so I said no. Craft beer was sold from $18 to $12 a glass. My husband found one domestic (Sam Adams) for $5, so he had ONE. Maybe their dinners are better, but I doubt we would come back. The big windows were nice and we saw a lot of activity outside which was fun, but that was about the ONLY plus for THE MARK.
Bender

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:04 am

Mark, Uptown updates

The Mark Dine & Tap at Eddy Street Commons is closed on Tuesdays to accommodate a kitchen expansion. Owner Jonathan Lutz says the expansion should be completed and restaurant hours back to normal around early March.

Uptown Kitchen closed last week at Toscana Park in Mishawaka and furnishings and equipment are currently being moved to its new nearby Heritage Square location. Uptown is expected to reopen across from Gino's East at 7 a.m. Tuesday.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article ... /1036/News
Happy Mom

Return to Restaurant reviews