backstageadd ND

Einstein Bros Bagels

Einstein Bros Bagels

Postby Jinx » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 pm

I see that Einstein Bros Bagels are going to open on 23 by Martins - has anyone ever had them before?
I looked at the website and they look like a 'type' of Panera - so what i want to know is if they are as good or better?
All comments would be welcome
thanks
Jinx

Re: Einstein Bros Bagels

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:21 am

Tolerable bagels and very New York style. Unless you like an entire container of cream cheese on you bagel, do not ask for a "schmeer" of cream cheese at one of these places.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Buck Wheat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 am

Buck visited an EINSTEIN's in Phoenix once and asked the gal (her name was PAP - short for Paprika) for a SCHMEER. Tastiest darn bagel I ever wolfed down. Great aroma too.
Buck Wheat

Postby jroyale » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

they're all over Chicago, they not only have bagels but a good selection of other food stuffs, great breakfast sandwiches ... good lunch menu. not a bad addition to the area. They are a bit different that Panera as they do not have the extent that Panera has.
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:07 am

Many brave free weather for Einstein Bros. opening in South Bend
Einstein Bros. celebrates opening with free sandwiches for a year.

By MAY LEE JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Writer

SOUTH BEND — They started lining up as early as 2 a.m.

Scores of people braved the cold Saturday morning for a chance to win free breakfast sandwiches once a week for a year at the new Einstein Bros. Bagels shop in South Bend.

Entrepreneurs Melissa and Michael Newton celebrated the grand opening of their shop by giving the deal to the first 100 people in line.

"My friends called me and woke me up so I could get ready," said Catie Salyer, a student at Saint Mary's College. "We heard about this giveaway and because all three of us are very frugal with our money, we thought it was worth standing in zero (degree) weather to get a free breakfast for a year."

About 6:15 a.m., the lucky 100 were given a sheet of white paper with a number on it that was exchanged inside for coupons valid for one free breakfast sandwich a week for one year.

Paul Grabill, an Adams High School student finally eating inside, said he and his dad, Joe, had been out there for what seemed like hours.

"This is cool because it's kind of a bonding time for me and my dad when we get to do crazy stuff together," he said. "But I have to say this is the best bagel I ever had to wait such a long time for."

When asked if it was worth the wait in line, Chuck Rinehart, of South Bend, answered, "Definitely, no regrets, 'cause I love Einstein bagels and breakfast is my favorite meal."

Kelcey Hall said this was something she was going to remember for a long time.

"I'm number 59," she said. "Look at all those people who were too late."

Einstein Bros. Bagels, 2019 South Bend Ave., features a variety of bagels, sandwich creations, pastries and cream cheeses as well as a variety of drinks.

"Our corporation had done this in other stores and it has gone very well," said Melissa Newton. "So here we are happy to give 100 people out here the chance to have a free breakfast sandwich for a year. And we thought this was a good way to give something back to the community as well."

Staff writer May Lee Johnson:
mjohnson@sbtinfo.com
574-235-6326

http://sbtinfo.com/article/20110123/New ... 30303/1130

The Tribune must have fired all their editors. The Headline should have been caught.... Free Weather?

Happy son and I went last week and had lunch and it was very good.. :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby John Q Public » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:13 am

Happy Mom wrote:The Tribune must have fired all their editors. The Headline should have been caught.... Free Weather?[/b][/color]

That sure isn't the first time. That might make an intersting thread...Editorial Highlights of the South Bend Tribune. Located in South Bend, IN...#8 dying city in the United States......
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Postby Jinx » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:34 pm

John Q Public wrote:
Happy Mom wrote:The Tribune must have fired all their editors. The Headline should have been caught.... Free Weather?[/b][/color]

That sure isn't the first time. That might make an intersting thread...Editorial Highlights of the South Bend Tribune. Located in South Bend, IN...#8 dying city in the United States......

If you really want to see atrocious errors by the SBT - check out their smartphone app feed.
OMG it's like they hired a 3rd grader to write it... on second thought, a 3rd grader probably wouldn't make those errors.

If you start that thread I'll see if I can export those errors somehow....it's ridiculous and embarrassing
Jinx

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:05 pm

If you start that thread I'll see if I can export those errors somehow....it's ridiculous and embarrassing

Hey jinx, I started a thread in the "Free for All" section.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Jinx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 am

Happy Mom wrote:

Hey jinx, I started a thread in the "Free for All" section.

Actually I misspoke - or mis-typed
It's WNDU's smart phone app - not SBT
Jinx

Return to Restaurant reviews