backstageadd ND

China House

China House

Postby SeanD » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:35 pm

I am brand new to this forum, so hello everyone! I wanted to start out by posting about one of my favorite restaurants in the area: China House. And...no I am not affiliated with them in anyway haha.

I like Chinese food, but it is always too expensive. Typically for a combo meal (entree + rice or noodles) you are going to pay around $7 or $8. China House has combo meals priced at around $5 to $7 and I swear you get even more food than the other places.

Any other China House fans out there? Btw, its located on Mishawaka Ave in South Bend close to Ironwood.
SeanD

Re: China House

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 pm

SeanD, I'm trying to place where it is.... :? Do they have a website or link?
I'm in the mood for Chinese!! :D
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bdcbbq » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm

HM, you might try the new Chinese place on 933 where the Denny's used to be. They serve decent Americanized Chinese food. There's a place by Martin's near ND that is decent too. Personally, I gave up on Chinese food unless its in a Chinatown section of a large city.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby SeanD » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Happy Mom, here is a link to a review by urbanspoon.com= http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/288/1244012 ... South-Bend

It's sort of easy to miss actually. I'm not sure how long they've been in business there, but they are open until 10pm on weekdays and are always relatively busy.
SeanD

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:20 pm

SeanD wrote:Happy Mom, here is a link to a review by urbanspoon.com= http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/288/1244012 ... South-Bend

It's sort of easy to miss actually. I'm not sure how long they've been in business there, but they are open until 10pm on weekdays and are always relatively busy.

Thanks SeanD!!! :D
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby southsider » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:54 am

welcome!
southsider

Postby bob_rx2000 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:39 am

SeanD, I agree with you about China House. Good food and a decent value, and the owners run the place and are a hard working couple. Pretty much, in my view, the American success story playing out down in River Park... The place in the old Denny's is called "Ho Ping House" and is also quite good, although given the comments about what is expensive, Ho Ping House is a bit expensive...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby SeanD » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm

I will definitely have to check that place out. I think I have been reluctant due to the prior filthiness of the Denny's that was there before.
SeanD

Return to Restaurant reviews