backstageadd ND

Einstein Bros. Bagels

Re: Einstein Bros. Bagels

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:41 am

Happy son and I went last week and had lunch and it was very good.. :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 pm

I'll try lunch there sometime soon, but generally have found that the "schmeer" is way too much cream cheese for my taste. Mrs_Bob-Rx and some of her social worker buddies went there this morning for lox and bagels, and liked it.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Jinx » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:20 pm

I had lunch there as well last week - they were being slammed :)
I don't think that they were expecting the lunch crowd they had being that they just opened but they were quick to bring people through the lines.

I had the chipotle turkey wrap - it was wonderful!!
"Shaved turkey with greens, tomato, roasted, corn and black beans, cheddar and pepper jack cheeses -- wrapped in a wheat tortilla with jalapeno cream cheese."
Instead of the chips or coleslaw/potato salad side they offer as part of the meal, I chose to upgrade for a cup of the chicken noodle - yum again.

I did not try the coffee bar, but plan to soon - maybe for breakfast for one of their breakfast sandwiches or a nice schmeer bagel :)

**likes a LOT of schmeer on my bagel

I also noticed that they offered Activia Yogurt parfaits and fresh fruit cups - those both appealed to me and may choose one of those as well.

I also have to mention that their Bagel Dogs looked interesting - I saw quite a few mothers with children there and they were opting for those, as I said they were packed (drive thru as well).

Next time I go though I will not park on the right-hand side of the restaurant, they have an odd drive thru set-up and it makes for difficulty exiting.
Jinx

Return to Restaurant reviews