backstageadd ND

Vesuvio Pizza

Vesuvio Pizza

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:52 am

I just heard through the grapevine that Vesuvio Pizza in South Bend was closed down yesterday due to the flooding of their establishment from excess snow melt on their roof. Apparently, water was pouring out of the ceiling, down walls, out of light fixtures, and all ending up in the basement. This was a joint effort between the S.B. Code Enforcement, Fire Department and County Health Department. He won't be able to re-open until he repairs all the damage and is cleared by the proper authorities.

Never had their pizza, but I was never one for wet drywall as a topping anyway. :lol:
You're darn right I do it in the woods!
Bear

Re: Vesuvio Pizza

Postby Wilson » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Weren't they closed down a few months ago for health or some other violations? The place is a dump. Couldn't pay me to eat their pizza, much less step foot inside the place.
Wilson

Postby Bear » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Wilson wrote:Weren't they closed down a few months ago for health or some other violations? The place is a dump. Couldn't pay me to eat their pizza, much less step foot inside the place.

I don't know about any earlier closings. Can't be any worse than Sailors Pizza...you have to sop up the grease with a towel before eating one of their pizzas.

For me personally, my favorite pizza is from the Barnaby's on Jefferson in South Bend. I specified that one, because the one on Grape used to make their crust slightly different.
Bear

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Wilson wrote:Weren't they closed down a few months ago for health or some other violations? The place is a dump. Couldn't pay me to eat their pizza, much less step foot inside the place.

Yep, they were FINALLY closed for about two weeks. The place is food poisoning ready to happen... I wonder why when most other businesses follow the rules, the Health Department keeps overlooking this dump? :naughty: :roll: :o :puke-huge:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Bear » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Happy Mom wrote:

Yep, they were FINALLY closed for about two weeks. The place is food poisoning ready to happen... I wonder why when most other businesses follow the rules, the Health Department keeps overlooking this dump? :naughty: :roll: :o :puke-huge:

Interesting thing to do is to contact the Health Department and request to look at the inspection reports for specific restaurants. It is public record and we have a right to view it. I'm not sure if it costs anything though.
Bear

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Interesting thing to do is to contact the Health Department and request to look at the inspection reports for specific restaurants. It is public record and we have a right to view it. I'm not sure if it costs anything though.

That has been done quite frequently and also reports of establishments that are fire hazards with a horrendous fire catastrophe waiting to happen but NOTHING is done... It will take someone dying or mass food poisoning to get anything taken care of here.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:47 am

Vesuvio’s Pizza has signed on to relocate to a new storefront in downtown South Bend. The pizza shop that mainly carries evening hours will move to the former State Cafe at 117 E. Wayne St. in the near future from 230 S. Michigan St. More details are coming soon.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/busines ... 075.column
Yorktown

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Yorktown wrote:
Vesuvio’s Pizza has signed on to relocate to a new storefront in downtown South Bend. The pizza shop that mainly carries evening hours will move to the former State Cafe at 117 E. Wayne St. in the near future from 230 S. Michigan St. More details are coming soon.

"Those health code violations? Those were at our old location. Much cleaner now." :think: :roll: :naughty:
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby Yorktown » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:
Yorktown wrote:

"Those health code violations? Those were at our old location. Much cleaner now." :think: :roll: :naughty:

Maybe with newer equipment they'll be able to avoid further violations. I think it's a good move. A well maintained location with better street visibility. We'll see!
Yorktown

Return to Restaurant reviews