backstageadd ND

Let's Spoon

Let's Spoon

Postby Happy Mom » Sat May 21, 2011 7:28 am

Okay, I'm already addited to this place. They have them all over California and down South and I was thrilled to see one here! :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncymulticolor:

Unique Eats: Let’s Spoon

South Bend, IN
Summer will be here before you know it and a South Bend eatery is ready to help you cool down.
Posted: 6:49 AM May 21, 2011
Reporter: Joel Schipper
Email Address: joel.schipper@wndu.com

Summer will be here before you know it and a South Bend eatery is ready to help you cool down.

Let’s Spoon is a very different kind of frozen yogurt shop. Located just off the Notre Dame campus at State Road 23 and Edison, this brand new shop has been a hit so far with the college-crowd and families.

Holly Lederer is one of the co-owners and says since Let’s Spoon opened a month ago, business has been very sweet.

So why did they decide to go with frozen yogurt?

“My husband’s aunt mentioned going to yogurt shops. She travels with her daughter’s tennis team and she said, ‘Everywhere we go, they’re looking for a yogurt shop,’ so we started looking into it,” explains Lederer.

You don’t go up to the counter and order; you simply walk in, grab a 16 ounce cup and put as much frozen yogurt in it as you want. :D :clap:

“After they do that, they add their toppings and then they weigh it, and we charge by the ounce, so not by the cup size at all,” says Lederer. “So if you want just a little bit or a whole lot, you’re not stuck with just set sizes.”

The toppings include candy, fruit or cereal. The yogurt flavors themselves change constantly, from mountain blackberry and original tart to cake batter, peanut butter, red velvet cake or vanilla.

In the future, you can expect to see gingerbread, angel food cake and up to 130 others.

“Most of our flavors are fat-free or really low in fat, so I think they like that healthy alternative,” says Lederer.

And if you come up with a great combination, you can share it with other customers on a board in the store.

“It keeps people excited, they want to come back, they want to see what we have and they know that we change all the time,” says Lederer.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/U ... 82694.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Let's Spoon

Postby Buck Wheat » Sat May 21, 2011 10:51 am

Waaaaaaaaaaaay OVERPRICED! A 16 oz. cup filled with watery yogurt will set you back a whopping $7.20 (plus 7% sales tax). The place will be belly up in less than 6 months.

:obscene-moneypiss:
Buck Wheat

Re: Let's Spoon

Postby NMSB » Sat May 21, 2011 9:16 pm

So you do all the work and they take your money? Doesn't any place wait on people any more? Self serve gas, self serve yogurt, fill your own drinks at restaurants etc.. And $7.20 for doing their work? No thanks.
I love South Bend so I read and post comments on South Bend Forum.
NMSB

Return to Restaurant reviews