backstageadd ND

Corndance Tavern

Corndance Tavern

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Dr. Happy and I just got back from an amazing dining experience at Corndance Tavern, on Grape Rd. in Mishawaka.
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Re ... diana.html
Our waiter, Phil, was extremely witty and entertaining without being annoying or obnoxious. He was well versed in the menu and ingredients and portion size. We, along with another couple, decided to try something that we wouldn't normally get or was available at other restaurants. I had their signature Peruvian Ham Hocks and they were the best I have ever tasted. Dr. Happy had a special that was advertised on the chalk board. It was the 'sword of Sam Adams.' It was literally a sword with chicken, filet, brat, and peppers and assorted vegetables. Our companions had Bison filets and tuna steaks. Everything was cooked to perfection, the drinks poured on time and again, our waiter was outstanding. Dr. Happy and Golfing friend split a blueberry cheesecake that was 'to die for.....'

The total for the two of us, with two drinks for Dr. Happy and one for me came to exactly $100. Well worth it and we will definitely go back again. :clap: :D :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupright:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Corndance Tavern

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:07 am

Mrs-Bob_Rx has been after me to go there, and I've heard it is a decent place. A $100 tab for two puts it in the upper-middle cost range of local establishments. How was the seating, atmosphere and general appearance / decor of the place?
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby backstagedee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:01 am

It's worth a visit Bob. Nice place, service was spot on and the food was excellent. Took my Mother there for her birthday in July and we all enjoyed the visit.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:52 am

Bob, we had reservations and were seated immediately. Our waiter Phil immediately came and asked for our (Dr. Happy and I) drink order and as soon as our friends joined us, was immediately there to get their drink order. It was quiet, the decor was classic, and we were seated in a table that had plenty of room and we weren't crowded. There are booths and the bar area is set up like Houlihans. Glass doors to the left and quite large.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Kingsman » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:48 pm

HM: Reservations needed?
Kingsman

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Kingsman wrote:HM: Reservations needed?

We had them and it was pretty crowded for a Wednesday night but the bar/lounge was empty. I would suggest ...yes.
(574) 217-7584
4725 Grape Road (across the street from T.G.I.Fridays and Chillis)
Happy Mom

Postby South Bender » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Well, sounds like Ruth Chris prices, which aside from an anniversary dinner once every couple years, is too rich from my wallet. Just curious, was the $100 including the tip?
South Bender

Postby South Bender » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:29 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:Mrs-Bob_Rx has been after me to go there, and I've heard it is a decent place. A $100 tab for two puts it in the upper-middle cost range of local establishments. How was the seating, atmosphere and general appearance / decor of the place?

Definitely more "upper" than "middle". IMO. But I noticed she calls him DR. Happy, so I'm sure they can afford it.
South Bender

Postby bob_rx2000 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:13 pm

The "upper ranges" in this area will set you pack well north of $150 for two. Ruth's Chris is in that territory as are a couple of other places.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby South Bender » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:21 am

My daughter and her boyfriend went there recently and between the two of them spent $160.00. With two drinks each. Apparently all sides dishes are a-la-carte. And they even offer 3 or 4 different kinds of water (including "tap water"). Waste of money...considering everything you just paid for will be flushed down the drain 24 hours later.
South Bender

Next

Return to Restaurant reviews