backstageadd ND

Cafe Navarre'

Cafe Navarre'

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:45 am

Several friends and I went to Cafe Navarre last night to take advantage of the Eat, Drink, Downtown South Bend (http://www.eatdrinkdtsb.com/ ) and to try out this new Restaurant. We all had the best time, Our waiter, Lee, was just perfect. He was constantly concerned about us, our drink order were taken and delivered fast. One of my friends had a fantastic Cosmopolitan! We ordered from the special menu but Lee informed us that we could also get several other specials including a fish, which tow of my friends ordered. I had a baked artichoke with brie as an appetizer, (fabulous!) and the other three had the Navarre salad which they all raved about...Two of my friends had the fish, and two of us had the 'Hanger steak', which melted in my mouth. The deserts were excellent as we were able to have our pick of any dessert on the menu.
We sat up on the Balcony upstairs and luckily they had restrooms upstairs and down.
The only problem I saw was that it was a little too long in between courses, but Lee kept us informed, and there was a table in a room off the balcony which was right near the door to where the servers and the restrooms were located. If you are unfortunate enough to get that table, I would have come back some other time. It was packed though...and well worth the trip. The prices are on par with LaSalle Grill.

http://www.cafenavarre.co/
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Cafe Navarre'

Postby Ideal Baloney » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 am

Happy Mom wrote:Two of my friends had the fish, and two of us had the 'Hanger steak', which melted in my mouth.

I'll bet the HANGER STEAK melted in your mouth! You do know what cut of beef it is, right? The "hanging" cut ... hence the name! Yummers.

Ideal Baloney

Re: Cafe Navarre'

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 am

:lol: No it isn't, IB..... :doh: :lol:

A hanger steak is a cut of beef steak prized for its flavor. Derived from the diaphragm of a steer or heifer.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to Restaurant reviews