backstageadd ND

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Anyone tried this place yet? It's in the old Smokey Bones restaurant on Main St. Just came back from an outing with the family and we all agreed that the food was surprisingly excellant. All the burgers include all the fries you can eat and the drinks are bottomless too. They have a full menu of cocktails. I'd suggest trying the Royal Red Robin burger. It's a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on it. I would have never believed that the combonation could be that good. I wish I had another one right now.
Big Kahuna

Re: Red Robin Gourmet Burgers

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 pm

The Happy Family went the week it opened and everyone enjoyed... It was surprisingly fast service and the we all loved the bottomless refills...We also knew several of the servers, some were former students, and classmates of the Happy kids. It was loud and filled with families so if you want something quiet and would like a conversation, this isn't the place. :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:59 am

Bob_Rx and several co-irkers had coupons for a free meal at Red Robin on their pre-opening trial run day. They were smoothing out the grill and table service operations, but the service was indeed good although the servers didn't know the menu perfectly yet. The food was quite good but there was a problem --- there was so much of it! This is a real diet-busting, waistline-busting place. HM is right about the noise factor, but if you're going to a burger joint that specializes in family style food, what do you expect?
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby York » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 am

Big Kahuna wrote:I'd suggest trying the Royal Red Robin burger. It's a bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on it. I would have never believed that the combonation could be that good. I wish I had another one right now.

I'm starving this morning! That sounds delicious (sans tomato)! :P

York

Postby Big Kahuna » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Yorkie...the word "delicious" isn't a strong enough description!
Big Kahuna

Postby lionsshare » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:23 am

Red Robin is great. Love the food and atmosphere.
Looking For Web Design in South Bend? LS Media's team of web ninja's can help!
lionsshare

Postby SeanD » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 am

Over priced but good burgers. The bottomless fries were not appealing to me really. You can only eat so many fries per sitting.
SeanD

Postby gingerjenny » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:57 pm

we went here a few weeks ago and I would just say it was ok. I've had better burgers at applebees. I just expected a little more for something that was supposed to be the "best" burger. I got the one with mushroom and swiss cheese I think.
gingerjenny

Return to Restaurant reviews