backstageadd ND

Backstage Grill

Re: Backstage Grill

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Another Thursday filet special at Backstage Grill, with great food, fun conversation and wonderful company! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Happy Mom wrote:Another Thursday filet special at Backstage Grill, with great food, fun conversation and wonderful company! :clap: :clap: :clap:

OK, Dr. Happy and I just had another delicious meal at Backstage Grill. I had the most amazing soup, Philadelphia Cheese Steak Soup!! Sooooo good! I also, of course, had my favorite special the filet. Dr. Happy had a Steak Calzone and is going through the Calzone menu and hasn't found one yet that he doesn't like! :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:57 am

I missed you guys last night... I stopped in for an adult refreshment before heading off to administer a final exam. It was cold, refreshing and relaxing!
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:15 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:I missed you guys last night... I stopped in for an adult refreshment before heading off to administer a final exam. It was cold, refreshing and relaxing!

Bummer, we got there about 5:40.... next time... :D
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:43 am

Backstage Grill has new management and a new menu. :chores-utensils: :chores-utensils: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright:
Dr. Happy and I went down there last night, and besides not being able to find a close parking space, the meal was delicious!! And hot!!!We had smoked Jalapeno poppers and wings as appetizers. I had the "Mama's Cheesy Soup" which was hot and delicious. Dr. Happy had the Philly Cheese steak with hand-cut fries (hand-cut by the owner no less!) and I had the Wasabi Yellowfin on Ciabatta bread, which was to die for..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I also had a side salad with crisp lettuce. It was fairly crowded and we will definitely be back...

Check out the new menu....
http://backstagesouthbend.com/BackstageBuzz.aspx
Happy Mom

Postby SeanD » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Who is the new management? I love the lunch there, I hope that does not change.
SeanD

Postby backstagedee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Sean, I hired the restaurant manager and the chef away from an Elkhart restaurant that I enjoy. The menu is all new but similar and the quality has improved quite a bit. The initial response has been VERY encouraging. We no longer smoke the burgers and the calzones will now be specials that we run from time to time. We will run the same menu for lunch and dinner along with feature specials for dinner. Last night our specials were Filet Mignon, Cajun Pork Chops, Ribs and a grilled Salmon Steak over pasta. Nearly all of our dinner patrons ordered specials and several appetizers. We very nearly 86'd all of the specials... it's been a while since we did that! I hope you will come in and give it a try.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby SeanD » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 pm

I will definitely come in then!
SeanD

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Dr. Happy and I went to our usual favorite Friday night restaurant (Backstage Grill) and took advantage of the Eat, Drink Downtown South Bend. We were happy to see it packed with people waiting to eat and for 2 excellent 3 course meals, we paid only $25. plus tax and gratuity. We both picked appetizers, I had the filet and Dr. Happy had the fish and chips. We also had delicious cheese cake with caramel (Him) and blueberries (me) topping...
I was glad to see so many people taking advantage of the specials and was thrilled to see Backstage Grill packed with so many different people enjoying their meal!
(An observation as we walked down the block to our car, C.J.'s, who decided NOT to participate with the other Downtown South Bend Restaurants during Restaurant Weeks, was empty.... :think: :? )
Happy Mom

Postby JumboBurton » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:34 am

This is the restaurant connected to Fever correct? I know a lot of Notre Dame students know about Fever but not as much about Backstage, which is a shame because the food is GOOD. I've eaten at Backstage on many occasion and the menu is very versatile... if you like seafood I remember the tuna being awesome, steak and burgers, basically everything gets my solid 11/10. Even the sides (normally served late/begrudgingly by places like Nick's Patio or the Oaken Bucket) are served fresh, seasoned, garnished well etc. at Backstage. It's really honestly good food. I realize everyone on this forum hates me but... my taste in food is irrelevant to my taste in other things... and I love this place
JumboBurton

PreviousNext

Return to Restaurant reviews