backstageadd ND

Alexander's Grille

Re: Alexander's Grille

Postby bob_rx2000 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 am

HM,

Being unemployed means you don't have a job. It doesn't mean you want one where you have to work! I'd hate to even begin hearing BSD's stories on this subject.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:35 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:HM,

Being unemployed means you don't have a job. It doesn't mean you want one where you have to work! I'd hate to even begin hearing BSD's stories on this subject.

You're right, I didn't even think about that...I guess all the professionals are keeping their jobs! :?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby backstagedee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:00 pm

The Gyro’s History Unfolds
SHOUTING over the hiss and screech of an assembly line, Chris Tomaras described the feat of food engineering that made him rich.

“The trick,” he yelled in a heavy Greek accent, “is to use certain forces, like temperature and pressure, to preserve the product as a solid mass, so it doesn’t deteriorate.”

A dapper man with a rich baritone voice and a gray mustache, Mr. Tomaras, 73, was narrating a tour of Kronos Foods, the world’s largest manufacturer of gyros (pronounced YEE-ros, Greek for “spin”), the don’t-ask mystery meat that has been a Greek restaurant staple in the United States since the mid 1970s. Cones of gyro meat rotate on an estimated 50,000 vertical broilers across the country, to be carved a few slices at a time and folded in pita bread along with a dollop of yogurt sauce.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/15/dinin ... ref=dining

A fun little Greek mystery meat story I happened upon today. (I love Gyros)
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Re: Alexander's Grill

Postby Westmore 103 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:41 pm

Seeing that the Greek Festival is this weekend, I decided to have lunch at Alexander's Grill. I had a Gyro Salad and I have never tasted anything so delicious!! To say it was a generous portion is an understatement. It was piled with gyro meat.! Excellent and only $5.95!! It comes with lemon rice soup and pita slices.
I was looking at the menu and they have chicken, hamburgers,french fries, and other American favorites. Beer is also served.

If you are looking for a delicious meal , that isn't too expensive, I would recommend Alexander's Grill;
1841 South Bend Ave. South Bend, IN. 46637 (574) 247-1780
Hours; M-Th- 11 am - 10 pm
F-Sat- 11am- 4am
Sun. 11am-9pm
"The best and most beautiful things of this world can't be seen or touched.
They must be felt by the heart."
Westmore 103

Previous

Return to Restaurant reviews