backstageadd ND

Road Work

Re: Road Work

Postby bdcbbq » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:29 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:
bdcbbq wrote:
South Bender wrote:If that was their normal shift, working overnight would make sense. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

While it may not be a "normal" shift working overnight with a schedule shift should be doable. Someone wants the work.

I thought you were aware of the clause in the government employee handbook that forbids doing anything that would make sense, bdcbbq...

True, but road crews do have a history of working overnight to avoid the heat and get a job done easier. While I'm not surprised he didn't Luecke should have caught the "green" angle of doing it overnight. Instead he added to the air pollution of SB.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby South Bender » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:01 pm

I really can't remember the last time I saw road work in St. Joseph County being performed at night. Can somebody give me an specific example, please. And I mean actual road work, not utilities like sewer, water, etc.
South Bender

Postby ElkPeep » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Are these guys union? If so your not going to make them do anything they don't want to do.
ElkPeep

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

South Bender wrote:I really can't remember the last time I saw road work in St. Joseph County being performed at night. Can somebody give me an specific example, please. And I mean actual road work, not utilities like sewer, water, etc.

I can't remember the last time I saw actual road work being performed period..... day or night... :doh: :roll:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bdcbbq » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:30 pm

South Bender wrote:I really can't remember the last time I saw road work in St. Joseph County being performed at night. Can somebody give me an specific example, please. And I mean actual road work, not utilities like sewer, water, etc.

There was some night work done when 933 was rebuilt years ago. That was probably state/federal funding. Night road work is not that unusual. Some companies do it on their own to speed up construction for the bonus, catch up to complete a job before the deadline, and avoid temperatures like we have now. In the situation we are discussing a little planning would have served residents well.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby South Bender » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Happy Mom wrote:

I can't remember the last time I saw actual road work being performed period..... day or night... :doh: :roll:

touche
South Bender

Postby John Q Public » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 pm

When I think of road work, I'm thinking of the road crews working doing what they are supposed to be doing...all in an effort to get the job done. I have NEVER seen that! And we wonder why these project take so long. Watch sometime...one guy doing the work while two others (or more) are watching. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:11 am

3 paving projects set for next week

6:36 a.m. EDT, July 29, 2011

SOUTH BEND -- The city's Public Works Department has scheduled three paving projects for next week.

Brookfield Street will be paved Tuesday between Lincoln Way West and Fassnacht Street.

Cleveland Avenue will be paved Wednesday between Lincoln Way West and LaPorte Avenue.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... 4231.story
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Capital Avenue construction means 20 mile detour

Posted: 6:47 AM Aug 15, 2011
Reporter: Katherine Rufener
Email Address: katherine.rufener@wndu.com

Capital Avenue in Mishawaka will be shut down beginning August 15 from Lincolnway to 12th Street.

Crews will be installing a large drainage pipe across the highway.

During the closure, traffic will be directed on a 20 mile detour.

Northbound traffic will be directed west on U.S. 20, north on State Road 23, and east on Lincolnway, back to State Road 331.

Southbound traffic will be directed west on Lincolnway, south on State Road 23 and east on U.S. 20.

Construction is expected to be complete by August 20.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/C ... 21593.html

Good grief.
Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Yorktown wrote:
Capital Avenue construction means 20 mile detour

Posted: 6:47 AM Aug 15, 2011
Reporter: Katherine Rufener
Email Address: katherine.rufener@wndu.com

Capital Avenue in Mishawaka will be shut down beginning August 15 from Lincolnway to 12th Street.

Crews will be installing a large drainage pipe across the highway.

During the closure, traffic will be directed on a 20 mile detour.

Northbound traffic will be directed west on U.S. 20, north on State Road 23, and east on Lincolnway, back to State Road 331.

Southbound traffic will be directed west on Lincolnway, south on State Road 23 and east on U.S. 20.

Construction is expected to be complete by August 20.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/C ... 21593.html

Good grief.

This is totally unacceptable and shameful. I can guarantee it will be twice as long to open than they report.... :naughty: :hand:
Happy Mom

PreviousNext

Return to Community Announcements