backstageadd ND

Road Work

Re: Road Work

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Jefferson in South Bend to close for milling Tuesday

SOUTH BEND -- The bridge that carries Jefferson Boulevard over the St. Joseph River will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, the city's Public Works Department announced.

The nearly half-mile stretch of Jefferson will be closed between Hill and St. Joseph streets while city workers mill the road, according to a news release.

Traffic will be directed across the Colfax Avenue bridge.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... 1580.story
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 pm

I got caught in the web of construction driving into downtown South Bend today. I drove west on Jefferson, only to discover that the Jefferson Bridge was closed as I approached Barnaby's. I turned right with the intention of using the Colfax bridge, but traffic for that crossing was backed up from the river to Eddy Street. I heard later that the Lasalle bridge was closed or gridlocked as well.

New Rule: No two parallel streets may be closed for construction at the same time. :!:
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby Yorktown » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:I got caught in the web of construction driving into downtown South Bend today. I drove west on Jefferson, only to discover that the Jefferson Bridge was closed as I approached Barnaby's. I turned right with the intention of using the Colfax bridge, but traffic for that crossing was backed up from the river to Eddy Street. I heard later that the Lasalle bridge was closed or gridlocked as well.

New Rule: No two parallel streets may be closed for construction at the same time. :!:

Were you riding with HM?

:lol:
Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:I got caught in the web of construction driving into downtown South Bend today. I drove west on Jefferson, only to discover that the Jefferson Bridge was closed as I approached Barnaby's. I turned right with the intention of using the Colfax bridge, but traffic for that crossing was backed up from the river to Eddy Street. I heard later that the Lasalle bridge was closed or gridlocked as well.

Whoever is in charge of planning these construction jobs is an incompetent moron... seriously.....they do this all the time and they wonder why South Bend is dying... :roll: :naughty: :hand:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Happy Mom wrote:Whoever is in charge of planning these construction jobs is an incompetent moron... seriously.....they do this all the time and they wonder why South Bend is dying... :roll: :naughty: :hand:

:laughing-rolling:

:crying-pink:
Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 pm

This is ridiculous!!!! This has taken WAY too long....
Fir-Cleveland closed through September
Tickets issued to motorists driving through construction siteThey should be giving tickets and fines to the damn idiots Construction workers.

By JOSEPH DITS South Bend Tribune Staff Writer

11:45 a.m. EDT, August 22, 2011

GRANGER -- The intersection of Fir and Cleveland roads will remain closed until the end of September, a month later than originally planned, said St. Joseph County Engineer Jessica Clark. :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

Contractors there are widening the intersection and adding traffic lights. It's been delayed, Clark said, because of a strike earlier this summer by road and building construction workers across the state. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :angry-fire: :angry-banghead: :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-cussing:

Meanwhile, she warned, county police have been on site regularly to issue tickets to motorists who sneak around the barriers.

That has been a problem all summer, she said.Too bad.....get the damn thing fixed! It's dangerous for motorists because they're driving by large tractors and "asphalt trucks that can back up unexpectedly," she said.

The intersection was closed for the project in early May.That is a damn lie!It has been closed over a year!!!!! Federal guidelines allow the completion dates for contracts like this to be extended by the number of days of the strike, Clark said. :liar: :naughty: :liar: :naughty:

"Crews are out there working aggressively" :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: to finish up, she said. That's also why, she added, they need motorists to stay away. "The quicker the contractors are able to do the work, the quicker we are able to open it." :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

Detours have routed motorists around the intersection, using Indiana 23, North Main Street, Douglas Road and Capital Avenue.

It has meant a change in plans for people driving to Granger Community Church to the west, Juday Creek Golf Course to the east and St. Pius Catholic Church to the north.

Staff writer Joseph Dits:
jdits@sbtinfo.com
574-235-6158
http://www.wsbt.com/news/sbt-firclevela ... ?track=rss
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I can totally picture you driving through the construction site like a bat out of hell.

Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Yorktown wrote:I can totally picture you driving through the construction site like a bat out of hell.

I'm amazed that WSBT didn't check the facts. :doh: This intersection has been closed since last May. Way over a year. There is absolutely no reason that it should take this long. Notre Dame completely closed a main road, did a round-a-bout correctly, and completed a beautiful new Road in less time than it has taken these St. Joe County road idiots to re-figure an intersection. And guess what? I'm down that way all the time to go to Anytime Fitness and there is NEVER anyone working.... :naughty:
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 am

I'm not sure when they closed it, but the last time (~2 weeks ago) I was near there I checked it out and those "aggressive" road crews were on their butts having a mid-afternoon break. Ninety minutes or so later, when I left, they were still "breaking". Yorkie, if you're over at Heritage Square and feel the powerful need for a libation, you can cut through Granger Community Church's parking lot to get to the kilt.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Yorktown » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:12 pm

All lanes of Michigan St. bridge to reopen Friday

By KEVIN ALLEN
South Bend Tribune Staff Writer
11:26 a.m. EDT, August 29, 2011

SOUTH BEND -- All four lanes of the Michigan Street bridge will reopen to most vehicles Friday, the Indiana Department of Transportation announced this morning.

Heavy trucks and other vehicles weighing more than 10 tons, however, will have to continue avoiding the span over the St. Joseph River north of downtown.

InDOT closed the bridge, also known as the Indiana 933 or Leeper Park bridge, after discovering cracks in the bridge deck and railing during a routine inspection June 21.

The state agency reopened two lanes of the bridge the next day to vehicles weighing less than 80,000 pounds, and that restriction has remained in place since then.

Spokesman Jim Pinkerton said InDOT's preliminary report released Monday has shown the bridge is safe for cars while the agency repairs the cracks. A more-detailed report, indicating exactly what repairs are needed and the cost of those repairs, will be available in mid- to late-October.

Pinkerton said InDOT expects the bridge repairs to be completed -- and the span to reopen to all traffic -- before the first Notre Dame football game in 2012.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-all ... 4248.story

Thank God.
Yorktown

PreviousNext

Return to Community Announcements