backstageadd ND

The Monkees Are Coming to South Bend!!!!!!

The Monkees Are Coming to South Bend!!!!!!

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 pm

http://www.morriscenter.org/calendar.html
June 28th, 2011
Here they come... again... Hey Hey It's THE MONKEES! 45 Years after their groundbreaking tv show and hit singles took television sets and record players by storm, original MONKEES members Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork are proud to announce a new tour to entertain five decades worth of fans.

On THE MONKEES 45th Anniversary Tour, audiences will get a full multimedia experience, celebrating nearly a half century of the band's legacy. Jones, Dolenz and Tork will appear live on stage to perform all of their mega-hits including "I'm A Believer," "Last Train To Clarksville," "Daydream Believer," "Pleasant Valley Sunday," "(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone," "Valleri" and for the first time ever onstage, songs from their classic albums and rarely heard selections from their cult classic movie "Head."

Formed in Los Angeles in 1966, THE MONKEES debuted on television with their NBC series and #1 hit single "Last Train To Clarksville." During its two season run, the show was a huge success, and earned two Emmy Awards. While becoming pop culture icons, the group's musical accomplishments were also impressive, and they are among the top-selling artists of all time in record sales. They had a dozen Billboard Magazine Top 40 hits - outselling both The Beatles and The Rolling Stones in 1967, as well as Top 10 hits in more than 25 countries. THE MONKEES are the only artists ever to have four #1 albums in the same year, and they also had top grossing concert tours in both 1967 and 1986 (when they appeared at Notre Dame's Joyce Center in their only previous local appearance.)
MTV's and Nickelodeon's re-broadcasts of the original episodes of THE MONKEES ignited a whole new era of "Monkeemania" in the 1980s, as younger generations discovered THE MONKEES for the first time.
Event times: 19 Mar 2011 (Sat)
10:00 AM
Ticket Information:
PUBLIC ON SALE DATE: Saturday, March 19, at 10:00 AM
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: The Monkees Are Coming to South Bend!!!!!!

Postby raycyrx » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:24 pm

I saw them the last time they were here. A very FUN show. Herman's Hermits, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, and The Grass Roots opened for them. Morgan Fairchild came out on stage during Gary Puckett's "Woman." I remember being very impressed with Peter's guitar playing skills.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Bear » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Marsha Brady will certainly be excited! (random Brady Bunch reference)
You're darn right I do it in the woods!
Bear

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:09 am

I'm so upset I'm not going to be able to go...see "rant" section. :cry:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby raycyrx » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:10 am

Bear wrote:Marsha Brady will certainly be excited! (random Brady Bunch reference)

The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Return to Community Announcements