Postby backstagedee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:09 pm

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150624108342025
Time
Monday, June 27 at 6:00am - July 9 at 10:00pm
At Participating Downtown South Bend restaurants
Created By
Eat. Drink. Downtown South Bend
More Info
The first restaurant week in our local area begins on this day. Visit your favorite and find some new favorite restaurants during this two week affair! Rediscover the great venues and culture that awaits you downtown and remember why it is important to our community.

16 restaurants and a variety of other local businesses want you to Eat. Drink. Downtown South Bend!!

16 Restaurants - $25
Multiple Course Meal or Dinner for Two
www.EatDrinkDTSB.com (website will be up by June 10th)

Several downtown restaurant owners have banded together to promote the dining and entertainment opportunities in the downtown area. Mark McDonnell from Lasalle Grille has brought together 16 of us so far and worked with DTSB to make this organization come together. I am very happy this has finally happened and I have enjoyed the cooperation of the members. All of the members pay monthly dues and local business partners have stepped forward to help fund the planned special events.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Re: Eat drink South Bend

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:17 am

Kudos to Mark McDonnell for taking the initiative on this. However, I cannot help but feel this is a Plan C for him. He initially wanted to start a restaurant in Mishawaka's vacant building in Beutter Park (fourth year running!) until that fell through. Then there was the "gastro pub" that he had envisioned for the building across from Barnaby's on Jefferson. That fell through. Now I guess he has to try to help drive business to his downtown South Bend restaurant. Teaming with other independents downtown is a good move; everyone's boat gets lifted.
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby backstagedee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am

It's plan C (or D or E) for all of us. Most of us can't afford to move since we can't sell or walk away from our buildings, so we are banding together to try and raise that waterline a bit...
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:27 pm

backstagedee wrote:It's plan C (or D or E) for all of us. Most of us can't afford to move since we can't sell or walk away from our buildings, so we are banding together to try and raise that waterline a bit...

In that case, good luck and may the good Lord take a likin' to you.
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Eat, Drink, Downtown South Bend will start next week and continue for two weeks. Check out the website and each Restaurant's menus.
Dr. Happy and Family plan to dine at Backstage Grill on Wed. June 29th. Their new menu is outstanding!!!

http://www.eatdrinkdtsb.com/

http://www.eatdrinkdtsb.com/RestaurantWeek.htm
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 am

South Bend 'Restaurant Week' hopes to increase downtown business
June 27, 2011|By Chad Damp (damp@wsbt.com)
[b]
SOUTH BEND — Sixteen South Bend restaurants are taking matters into their own hands to try and get more people to come downtown. They're calling it 'Restaurant Week.'

The 16 restaurants have formed the Eat, Drink, Downtown South Bend Association. For 13 days the restaurants will offer special menus featuring discounted meals.

The restaurants each have their own special restaurant week menus.

For a complete list of the participating restaurants and to see those menus, click this link: http://www.eatdrinkdtsb.com/index.htm

http://articles.wsbt.com/2011-06-27/res ... k_29711015
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby backstagedee » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:42 pm

DTSB has been very instrumental in helping organize, streamline and promote the Eat Drink South Bend association, especially Julie Curtis. I can confidently say that this would not have worked without her efforts. This is the kind of thing that really begins to justify DTSB as an entity. We all have had our issues in the past, but I give a hearty thanks to Julie and DTSB for their work on this program. If this is a sign of future cooperative efforts, I will be a supporter of DTSB. There are several interesting and realistic ideas being fleshed out by the downtown owners to make our area more appealing to visitors. None of it will be easy, but 16 of us working together helps to spread the load.
backstagedee

Postby Ideal Baloney » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:54 pm

It took a few years but Dee has finally started sipping Luecke's Kumbaya Kool-Aid! Maybe the All American boy will actually visit BSG for the first time ever!

What's with the Guenoc Lake County (California) wine that every DTSB restaurant is trying to sell at an outrageous 6 bucks a glass? That is supposed to be a SPECIAL? Why not partner with a SW Michigan winery like Tabor Hill instead?
Ideal Baloney

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Ideal Baloney wrote: Maybe the All American boy will actually visit BSG for the first time ever!

Ideal, come down tomorrow night and I'll buy you a drink...you too dunk50, johndobee, bo_rx2000, shinigami, bdcbbq,kingsmen,JQP,gamblinbug, and anyone else that I owe! Oh, I forgot My Buck Wheat too :D Dr. Happy and I will be dining there tomorrow night. (Wed.) :chores-utensils: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Happy Mom

Postby Ideal Baloney » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:03 pm

I was referring to Luecke ... he is the All American boy who has never spent a dime at BSG. Thanks for the drink offer, Happy Mom! Maybe I'll try a glass of that fancy California vino!
Ideal Baloney

Next

Return to Community Announcements