backstageadd ND

Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Re: Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Postby Big Kahuna » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 pm

backstagedee wrote:Alright BK, I didn't wait... I tried some and it was really good

I would not have been able to wait. I would have done the same thing. Everything that Jaworskis makes is delicious.
Big Kahuna

Postby York » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:39 pm

backstagedee wrote:Hey Scottie, Ryan even had me say and spell my name on camera and they still got it wrong, oh well. I'm better looking anyway.

Ryan Famuliner? Were you on TV, Dee?
York

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:30 am

Dr. Happy and I will be at the Fly-in tomorrow but I'm still trying to talk any of my children into getting up that early. :sleeping-sleeping: The weather is suppose to be beautiful...
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:25 am

backstagedee wrote:Thanks York, and Tom May was standing there as I said that..................... Hey Scottie, Ryan even had me say and spell my name on camera and they still got it wrong, oh well. I'm better looking anyway. Come on out on Sunday. We even have 2 of the BSG chefs coming out to help out and Miss BSD will be there serving drinks and cleaning tables. We par boiled a huge order of Jaworski's sausage yesterday and I can't wait to brown it up on the grill and eat some. (Alright BK, I didn't wait... I tried some and it was really good.) Proceeds are for the MPC Aviation Scholarship.

They just repeated it again this morning on WNDU and you are right Dee..... you are better looking! :royalty-crown:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm

My first Mishawaka Pilot Club Fly-In was wonderful and so much fun. I saw Mr. and Mrs. Big Kahuna there and Mrs. Kahuna went on her first plane flight with BSD!! Jroyale and his clone mini-me jroyale was there with his Dad making it three generations! The Airport was packed, the weather was beautiful, the food plentiful and delicious and a great time was had by all..... WNDU was there so if you get a chance, watch tonight's broadcast to see if they get Dee's name correct and live vicariously if you weren't able to go!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Happy Mom

Postby jroyale » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:13 pm

it really was awesome. My son solved his first flight, his eyes were as big as saucers upon take-off. was not scared at all, it was the best. Dad was stoked just to get to hang out with his son and grandson, and get to fly on top of that. What a fantastic event. Plus, I got to hit 18 holes in the afternoon. Father's day indeed.
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:31 am

jroyale mini-me is such a neat kid that I wish I had seen him when he took off !
I set up the VCR to tape WNDU last night and my "sweet" children came in after I had retired and screwed up the taping. Did anyone see the coverage or tape it? :? :doh:
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:48 am

Hundreds take to the skies for Father's Day Fly-In
Posted: 11:55 PM Jun 21, 2009

Hundreds of dads and their families took flight Sunday for the annual Father's Day Fly-In.

It all began with breakfast at the Mishawaka Pilot's Club Airport, which is located on County Road 20 in Elkhart.

Then it was time for take-off.

The annual event has been going on for more than 60 years, and one dad we spoke to says he never misses it.

"It's a sense of freedom, an escape from the planet," explains Hilary Asher. "You're up in the air and you're away from everything, and you're alone even when you're with someone. You kind of escape the everyday problems, and there's a real peace up there."

The Father's Day Fly-In raises money for a local scholarship.
http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/48737982.html#
Happy Mom

Postby backstagedee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 am

On behalf of the Pilot's Club, I would like to thank everyone who came out to support the Fly In, especially those who came out to help and WNDU and WSBT for the great coverage before and during the event. This year's event was so successful that we will be able to award 2 scholarships for the upcoming school year and still make a good deposit into the scholarship escrow fund! With all of the help from the press, the many volunteers (and great weather) we had over 900 in attendance this year in addition to the 200 or so members. I'm confident that for 1 day, the tiny Mishawaka Pilot's Club was the busiest airport in Indiana.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 am

backstagedee wrote:On behalf of the Pilot's Club, I would like to thank everyone who came out to support the Fly In, especially those who came out to help and WNDU and WSBT for the great coverage before and during the event. This year's event was so successful that we will be able to award 2 scholarships for the upcoming school year and still make a good deposit into the scholarship escrow fund! With all of the help from the press, the many volunteers (and great weather) we had over 900 in attendance this year in addition to the 200 or so members. I'm confident that for 1 day, the tiny Mishawaka Pilot's Club was the busiest airport in Indiana.

Congratulations Dee! I saw how much hard work went into planning and hosting that event and it was just awesome! :clap:
Happy Mom

PreviousNext

Return to Community Announcements