backstageadd ND

Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Postby backstagedee » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Fly-in June 21st from 06:00 until we run out of sausage.

Bring Dad to the the 39th annual Mishawaka Pilot's club Father's Day pancake breakfast. $6 for adults get's you scrambled eggs, Jawarski's sausage, AYCE pancakes, coffee, milk and OJ. Kids are cheaper, but I don't remember the price. Airplane rides are available with handsome and skilled pilots. The flight line is open to the public so you can get up close to the aircraft. Last year's ride proceeds funded our very first aviation scholarship that I had the honor of presenting to a Jimtown student last week. I would like to present one at every area school over the next several decades, so tell your kids to apply if they have an interest in any area of aviation.

The Pilot's Club is locate on CR 20 W in Elkhart about a mile and a half East of County Line rd or a mile and a half West of SR 19.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Re: Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Postby Big Kahuna » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 pm

That's cool. We'll definately try to make it over and see you there.
Big Kahuna

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am

How long does the sausage usually last? Also, approximately what time do y'all start taking people up?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby jroyale » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 am

what are the age requirements for children to fly. cost per person for a flight. I would love to plan on attending.
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Postby backstagedee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:26 pm

We start with rides at 06:00, and the sausage should last until at least 11:00. (I ordered 325 lbs and I can count on the grill guys to eat at least 10 lb.) I have no age requirements on airplane rides with parental consent and the rides are around $15 to $20. (I'll have to check this year's price, but I believe fuel is about the same cost as last June so I am pretty sure it is still $15) The earlier the better, because the line gets long from 09:00 on and as it warms up the rides get a little bumpier. From 06:30 to 08:30 is the best time.

Since Jerry and Dean were our pancake aces for many years, I may draft a couple of BSG chefs to help with the breakfast... I just haven't told them yet, and the BSD girls always help with drink service and cashier duties.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:05 pm

If you need another hand on deck...say the word. Tell me when and where and I'll be there.
Big Kahuna

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Big Kahuna wrote:If you need another hand on deck...say the word. Tell me when and where and I'll be there.

Same here, Dr. Happy already volunteered!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby York » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:14 am

BUMP

Mishawaka Pilot’s Club Fly-in an annual Father’s Day event

Elkhart, IN
Posted: 10:55 AM Jun 19, 2009
Last Updated: 10:55 AM Jun 19, 2009

At the Mishawaka Pilot’s Club Airport, they’re already busy preparing for the big event this weekend – the annual Father’s Day Fly-in.

The annual event has been taking place for over 60 years, and hundreds of people are expected to turn out to see the planes in action.

This year’s event is being held at the Mishawaka Pilot’s Club Airport, located on County Road 20 in Elkhart.

The fly-in kicks off Sunday morning with a breakfast, and after that dads and their families have a chance to get airplane rides.

“I’ve given hundreds of airplane rides, and we’ve had many people join and decide to learn how to fly. We’ve had many people take their very first airplane ride in their 80s, and we’ve had kids take their first airplane ride at two or three years old,” says airport manager Tom May.

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/48609167.html
York

Postby backstagedee » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks York, and Tom May was standing there as I said that..................... Hey Scottie, Ryan even had me say and spell my name on camera and they still got it wrong, oh well. I'm better looking anyway. Come on out on Sunday. We even have 2 of the BSG chefs coming out to help out and Miss BSD will be there serving drinks and cleaning tables. We par boiled a huge order of Jaworski's sausage yesterday and I can't wait to brown it up on the grill and eat some. (Alright BK, I didn't wait... I tried some and it was really good.) Proceeds are for the MPC Aviation Scholarship.
backstagedee

Postby jroyale » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 pm

you will most certainly see me and my mini-me there. Hopefully the little one like to fly.
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Next

Return to Community Announcements