backstageadd ND

Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Re: Father's Day Fly in - Drive in breakfast

Postby York » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:44 am

That's great. I'm glad it was so successful.
York

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:06 pm

I didn't know WSBT was there too.

Mishawaka Pilots club flies in for Father's Day breakfast
WSBT-TV Report

Mishawaka Pilots club flies in for Father's Day breakfast

Two men fly into the Mishawaka Pilots Club Airport Sunday as part of an annual Father's Day celebration. The airfield and club holds an annual breakfast to honor Dad, this year attracting hundreds of families. (WSBT-TV Photo)
By SBT 24/7 News

Story Created: Jun 22, 2009 at 1:47 AM EDT

Story Updated: Jun 22, 2009 at 1:47 AM EDT

It's an annual Father’s Day tradition for some local families who share the love of fathers and flying. They landed by the hundreds Sunday for the Mishawaka Pilots Club Father's Day breakfast and Midwest Fly-in.

The club, on U.S. 20 between Osceola and Elkhart, served breakfast from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Members spanning three generations say it was a perfect way to celebrate their passion for parenting and piloting.

“I’ve been coming here probably fifty years for the breakfast fly-in,” said pilot Richard Stewart Sr.

And his son?

Richard Stewart, also a pilot, said he’s come to the Father’s Day breakfast for 40 of those years, too.

“And now with my son,” he added. “It’s kind of a family tradition we have.”

They’ve been flying for so long now that Sam Stewart thinks he’s been around planes forever.

“I don’t ever remember not being around planes,” Sam said.

Pilots and their families came to celebrate the day — and to mark the loss of two club members. Longtime piloting enthusiasts Dean Cook and Jerry Thornton died when their plane crashed in Plainwell, Mich., last month.

The proceeds from the $5 breakfast will be used for scholarships for high school students.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/48740207.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby backstagedee » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:49 pm

It's that time of year again!!! All of the food has been ordered, all of the tables and chairs have been rented, the grass has been mowed and all of us are itching to invite lots of folks onto our airfield once again.
Sunday June 20th
Fathers Day Flyin Breakfast will be served from 0600 AM to 1200 Noon. Breakfast includes pancakes, eggs, sausage and coffee, juice or milk. Prices are $6 for adults and $4 for children under 12. Avgas will be available. Airplane rides will be available

http://www.funplacestofly.com/sectional ... portID=3C1

Proceeds to benefit the Pilot's Club Aviation Scholarship.

Fun for all ages!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/even ... 2052215009
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:32 am

backstagedee wrote:It's that time of year again!!! All of the food has been ordered, all of the tables and chairs have been rented, the grass has been mowed and all of us are itching to invite lots of folks onto our airfield once again.
Sunday June 20th
Fathers Day Flyin Breakfast will be served from 0600 AM to 1200 Noon. Breakfast includes pancakes, eggs, sausage and coffee, juice or milk. Prices are $6 for adults and $4 for children under 12. Avgas will be available. Airplane rides will be available

Fun for all ages!

Yeah!!!! Dr. Happy and maybe some of the Happy children will be attending... :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby jroyale » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:08 am

I will be there again. Don't know of the number of people but at least my son & I. Last year was great, though very warm.
Molon Labe

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle
jroyale

Postby raycyrx » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Happy Mom wrote:
backstagedee wrote:It's that time of year again!!! All of the food has been ordered, all of the tables and chairs have been rented, the grass has been mowed and all of us are itching to invite lots of folks onto our airfield once again.
Sunday June 20th

Fun for all ages!

Yeah!!!! Dr. Happy and maybe some of the Happy children will be attending... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll be there with my clan.
How do I find the SBF table?
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 pm

raycyrx wrote:
I'll be there with my clan.
How do I find the SBF table?

I think Dee will be flying it... :D
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:10 pm

raycyrx, I heard I just missed you and your Family. Dr. Happy and I (without power) got there early. I was able to see several SBF members and Dee, of course, must have broken some record for take off and landings. He was either taking off or landing the whole three hours we were there. Jackie Warloski (sp?) was there and flew in the Bi-plane over her house.( I gave her my spot and ended up not being able to go up... :cry: ) She was just ecstatic!! The weather was beautiful, it was crowded but not jammed and the breakfast was delicious.

Congratulations to the Mishawaka Pilots Club for another successful Father's Day Fly-In/Drive In for their Scholarship Fund
Happy Mom

Postby raycyrx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Who did you hear from? I was looking forward to meeting you, bsd, but was told he was busy the whole time I was there.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:42 pm

raycyrx wrote:Who did you hear from? I was looking forward to meeting you, bsd, but was told he was busy the whole time I was there.

Mrs. BSD, I think, told me you and the Family were there. We got there early and left around 10:15. We'll have to have another SBF get-together.. :D
BSD was flying the whole time Dr. Happy and I were there. We would see him land, unload, load and take off again. He was a very popular Pilot! :clap:
Happy Mom

PreviousNext

Return to Community Announcements