backstageadd ND

Tattoos

General and open forum

Tattoos

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:44 pm

The Tribune has a habit of spoiling my appetite by displaying gross pictures or ridiculous hard luck, bleeding heart stories. This week they are doing stories on Tattoos. I'll admit, I am extremely judgmental when it comes to tattoos. When I was growing up only Military Men were respected when they had tattoos, everyone else was considered lower class and uneducated. At the end of the article today were some facts unlike the rest of the fluff explanation for most tattoos.
But research confirmed that, although perceptions have shifted some, women with tattoos are still generally viewed as more promiscuous, and both men and women with tattoos are regarded as less honest and less reliable.

Goorhouse was not entirely surprised by the notion that some disapproval lingers.

“As a tattooed woman, I have definitely received looks,” she says. “I don’t think they always mean it; they just look (at one of her tattoos) and it comes across.”

She and other women she knows are often asked something along the lines of, “How will you wear a wedding dress?”

Although the research also suggests that more middle-class people are being tattooed, Goorhouse says women with tattoos were still rated as less attractive overall.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... ory?page=2
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Tattoos

Postby John Q Public » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring?

If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Postby Kingsman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm

So sad to see the photo of a smiling Ashley Goorhouse, a senior, displaying her tats. And what about her wowser of a research topic: "Savages, Circus Freaks, & Sluts: Perceptions of Tattoed Women Throughout History"? And she's from Wakarusa! (What is going on there?) St. Mary's College women have come a long way, baby!
Kingsman

Postby Ideal Baloney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Another Pulitzer Prize worthy series by the SBT's intrepid Ginny Black. Her front page odyssey has encompassed a bum named Clarence, 4 grisly manhole murders and, now, the coup de grâce ... TATTOOS. Wonder how many badly-needed subscribers will bail this time?

Ideal Baloney

Postby southsider » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

It is my personal opinion that tattoos are gross. Women who cover themselves with them are in my experience scuzzy, attention seeking whores.
southsider

Postby dunk50 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:19 pm

southsider wrote:It is my personal opinion that tattoos are gross. Women who cover themselves with them are in my experience scuzzy, attention seeking whores.

SS, I am sick and tired of carrying the load around here. It's time you step up and tell us how you really feel!! ;) :clap: :clap:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby dunk50 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Ideal Baloney wrote:Another Pulitzer Prize worthy series by the SBT's intrepid Ginny Black. Her front page odyssey has encompassed a bum named Clarence, 4 grisly manhole murders and, now, the coup de grâce ... TATTOOS. Wonder how many badly-needed subscribers will bail this time?

If this is a Tat and not removable body paint then SHE NEEDS A FRICKEN PSYCHIATRIST as well as a boob job, :whistle: :whistle:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby Ideal Baloney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 pm

I thought dogs have pink noses?
Ideal Baloney

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Postby Ideal Baloney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 pm
Another Pulitzer Prize worthy series by the SBT's intrepid Ginny Black. Her front page odyssey has encompassed a bum named Clarence, 4 grisly manhole murders and, now, the coup de grâce ... TATTOOS. Wonder how many badly-needed subscribers will bail this time?

I would have bailed a long time ago but I adore our Delivery ladies and they told me that they have a fraction of the customers they had two years ago.I told them this would be our last subscription, the Tribune is a joke especially with these ridiculous stories... :roll: :doh: :hand:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Ideal Baloney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:22 pm

I feel sorry for my carrier too. They work for peanuts 365 days a year in all kinds of weather - and the SBT charges them a penny for every plastic bag they use.
Ideal Baloney

Next

Return to General Forum