backstageadd ND

Facebook

Re: Facebook

Postby South Bender » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Governor Jay Nixon signed Missouri State Bill 54, which bans students and teachers from communicating and being "friends" on the social networking site. The law was created to prevent inappropriate relationships between children and teachers.

Really? So I guess student/teacher relationships never occured pre-Facebook? That is idiotic that they would think it will even make a difference.
South Bender

Postby Yorktown » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I know this doesn't apply to the top posters here but there is a new page for those that grew up in SB on Facebook and it has lit up my news feed like nothing before. Two thumbs up to Big Kahuna for the memories and irreplaceable photos. This is on fire and it is so interesting!

:clap:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/grou ... 106705006/
Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Yorktown wrote:I know this doesn't apply to the top posters here but there is a new page for those that grew up in SB on Facebook and it has lit up my news feed like nothing before. Two thumbs up to Big Kahuna for the memories and irreplaceable photos. This is on fire and it is so interesting!

Thanks so much Yorktown, I started this thread in South Bend.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm

I was accepted to the group and am so excited!

:)
Yorktown

Postby bdcbbq » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Same subject going on for Neosho, MO where I spent my formative years.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby johndobee » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:08 pm

There's one for Lafayette, IN as well. I was gonna say I remember Arni's, but it would have been SO redundant!
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby raycyrx » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Yorktown wrote:I know this doesn't apply to the top posters here but there is a new page for those that grew up in SB on Facebook and it has lit up my news feed like nothing before. Two thumbs up to Big Kahuna for the memories and irreplaceable photos. This is on fire and it is so interesting!

I've been posting there for a couple days now.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Yorktown » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 am

raycyrx wrote:

I've been posting there for a couple days now.

I saw that.

:)
Yorktown

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:57 am

There is one for my hometown in North Carolina that I've been on for about a year. I'm thinking maybe people are being nostalgic because of the mess Society is in right now. I know I pray for the years Ronald Reagan was President... :think: :pray:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Yorktown » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Police: Target of Facebook hit fatally shot

By MARYCLAIRE DALE
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Authorities are investigating two possible theories in connection with the death of a man gunned down hours after a judge upheld felony charges against his ex-girlfriend, who was accused of offering $1,000 on Facebook for someone to kill him.

Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said Tuesday that police are investigating leads about whether Monday night's fatal shooting of Corey White, 22, was possibly connected to the alleged Facebook threat or to a shooting last month outside a nightclub in Upper Darby, a Philadelphia suburb.

Police believe another man was the shooter in the nightclub shooting, but they had been trying to track down White for questioning because they believed he may have been the getaway driver, Chitwood said in an interview with The Associated Press. It's too early to tell if White's killing was connected to either that case or the Facebook posting, Chitwood said.

Earlier Monday, a judge had approved charges including murder solicitation against White's ex-girlfriend and murder conspiracy charges against the 18-year-old man who allegedly responded to her post in June.

That night, homicide investigators said, White got into an argument with the occupants of a brown car and a man got out of the vehicle and shot him. The vehicle had been carjacked a short time before the shooting and was later set on fire, Chitwood said.

Philadelphia police also said authorities were still trying to determine the motive behind White's shooting.

"There are a couple of other theories out there," Philadelphia homicide Capt. James Clark said.

A municipal judge approved charges Monday including murder solicitation against White's ex-girlfriend, 20-year-old London Eley of Philadelphia, and murder conspiracy and weapons charges against 18-year-old Timothy Bynum of suburban Darby.

"I will pay somebody a stack to kill my baby father," Eley wrote in a post this spring, according to a police affidavit.

"Say no more ... what he look like ... where he be at ... need that stack 1st," Bynum wrote back, police said.

A "stack" is $1,000, investigators said.

Eley's attorney said at Monday's hearing that his client was merely venting about an argument she'd had with her ex-boyfriend and had no intention of following through.

"When you do it on a computer, you are putting it out there for the whole world to see and memorializing it," defense attorney Gerald Stein said. "Unfortunately, it sort of magnifies the anger."

Prosecutors countered by saying Eley wasn't joking about the hit in the original post.

Bynum's lawyer, Lopez Thompson, said Tuesday that Bynum's family is devastated about White's death. Thompson insisted his client had no intention of killing White when he responded to the Facebook message and had nothing to do with White's shooting.

The Philadelphia Inquirer first reported White's death.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 6-13-18-15
Yorktown

PreviousNext

Return to Technology