backstageadd ND

The Jordan Way - Used Vehicle Purchase

Good or bad customer service experience? Do or do not recommend a service or store? Let us know here.

Re: The Jordan Way - Used Vehicle Purchase

Postby raycyrx » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm

How about the classic, "if you'll put down another $1000, I can reduce your payment by $15 a month" on a 42-month loan. That was actually tried on me back in 1983 when I bought my first new car, by the F&I guy at the dealership. (I borrowed from the credit union, had the deal already set, but the system insisted I sit through the F&I guy...)

I'd tell people it's always smart to get pre-approved by their bank or credit union first, but also to give our F&I guy a chance too. After all, if they were going to be paying 4% at their credit union, while Toyota (or some other financing arm) would give them 0.9%, why not have the dealership set it up?

Another rule we were given was we (sales reps) were not allowed to quote or negotiate a payment. That was left up to the F&I manager. Now that actually upset a number of customers because they wanted a specific payment. It also meant they hadn't done any of their homework. The math is pretty simple... if you want to a five year loan for a $20,000 car, your payment is NOT going to be $250/month... yet some customers really believe that could happen with no down payment, and refused to talk lease.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby South Bender » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:03 pm

I would highly recommend Oliver in Elkhart. I've got family members who have purchased 3 different used vehicle there over the past few years.
South Bender

Postby John Q Public » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:33 pm

I need to check out Oliver Ford. They seem to come highly recommended. I've heard good things about them other times too.
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Previous

Return to Merchants and Services