backstageadd ND

Micorwaves

Good or bad customer service experience? Do or do not recommend a service or store? Let us know here.

Micorwaves

Postby South Bender » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Warning: Beware when buying new microwaves which featuer the touchscreen key pads. The warranties only last 1-3 years. And if the touchscreen stops working, as ours did (top brand also!) it will cost about the same as buying another new microwave to get just the keypad replaced. Stick with actual buttons folks, unless you somehow find much longer warranty program on the touchscreen.
South Bender

Re: Micorwaves

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Ah, for the days of Emmit's Fix-it Shop...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby southsider » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

What brand was it?

Not to highjack this thread but wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable appliance repair man?

Dishwasher is busted, I am estimating it will cost appx $200 to diagnose it when you add up the trip fees, hourly fees. Any recommendations?

I am thinking to just put that money towards a new dishwasher. A friend works at whirlpool and they have great deals on items in the warehouse.

What say you?
southsider

Postby raycyrx » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:12 pm

southsider wrote:What brand was it?

Not to highjack this thread but wondering if anyone knows of a reasonable appliance repair man?

Dishwasher is busted, I am estimating it will cost appx $200 to diagnose it when you add up the trip fees, hourly fees. Any recommendations?

I am thinking to just put that money towards a new dishwasher. A friend works at whirlpool and they have great deals on items in the warehouse.

What say you?

You can take a chance with a handyman from Craigslist or the like, or you can call Bob Miller's Appliances.
Miller's will certainly be more expensive, but they have a very long, established appliance sales/repair history in South Bend.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Re: Microwaves

Postby GoldNDome » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:24 pm

In the absence of "word of mouth" referrals, a lot of folks recommend securing the names of repairmen from a review-based organization such as Angie's List. From what I understand, these organizations not only provide reviews of providers such as appliance repair people, but they also provide reviews of other professionals such as doctors and dentists. I have read that, with Angie’s List, the reviews are generated from real people as opposed to anonymous sources. Good luck!
GoldNDome

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:11 pm

GND, Our microwave did the same thing...it was so frustrating that my sweet husband went out and bought me a SHARP and I have been very happy with it!

As far as dishwashers,we have a Bosch and it is wonderful!! So quiet and does a fabulous job!!! Love it!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to Merchants and Services