backstageadd ND

Oaklawn outpatient billing practices

Good or bad customer service experience? Do or do not recommend a service or store? Let us know here.

Oaklawn outpatient billing practices

Postby raycyrx » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm

I tried to get this published in the Voice of the People (our local letters to the editor), but the Tribune felt it was inappropriate. I usually don't ask to spread the word as I feel such requests are essentially the new form of chain letters. Still, I think this is important information to get out. Do as you feel is right.

If you have a family member in need of outpatient mental health services, I would recommend finding a different provider than Oaklawn.

After one of my dependents had attended a few months of group therapy, I found out that Oaklawn bills once for the therapist and then again for a facility charge. To customers with insurance, this means TWO co-payments instead of one per visit. Again, this is not just CHARGING for both, but sending two separate bills.

It's one thing to bill for both, it is quite another to send two bills for the same visit. I have found no other providers in the area that bill in this manner. There are alternatives. I know I'm finding others.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Return to Merchants and Services