backstageadd ND

Bistro 933

Our own bob_rx2000 provides a detailed look at the best dining experiences the South Bend Area has to offer!

Bistro 933

Postby JC2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:28 am

Has anyone been to the Bistrol 933 in the Hilton? I read some very negative reviews on-line, but want to ask some real experts or you people.
1-20-2013 can not arrive too soon.
JC2

Re: Bistro 933

Postby Wilson » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Bobrx2000, when can we expect your review?
Wilson

Postby SeanD » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 pm

I have been to the Bistro 933 many times. To review specifically the food, I am remembering two distinct dishes that I have had on different occassions. The Walleye dish (cant remember exactly what is was called) I recall as tasting very good and being a sufficient portion. The Angus Hamburger w/ fries (I was sort of slumming it that night I guess lol) was what I got the last time I was there -- about a week ago -- and it was also good.

I remember the service being at least decent in the past. However, this last time, we had horrible service. Slow, no use of the serving trays, no plates for the appetizers, took very long to get the check, etc... I hope that this was an isolated occurance, but I think this waitress may be a 'lifer' there at 933.
SeanD

Postby bob_rx2000 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 am

Truthfully, I'm trying to remember where the Hilton is on 933. I probably don't go past it much as I tend to cross 933 up north at Auten. As for a review, my dining out is cut back quite a bit lately and I tend to avoid hotel restaurants when I do go out, in preference to local establishments. Alas, Mrs-Bob_rx has a distinct preference for national chain places that serve alleged steaks...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:Truthfully, I'm trying to remember where the Hilton is on 933. I probably don't go past it much as I tend to cross 933 up north at Auten. As for a review, my dining out is cut back quite a bit lately and I tend to avoid hotel restaurants when I do go out, in preference to local establishments. Alas, Mrs-Bob_rx has a distinct preference for national chain places that serve alleged steaks...

Bob, it is right next to the Inn at St. Mary's on St. Mary's campus... :D
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to Bob's Restaurant Reviews