backstageadd ND

Round-a-bouts

Re: Round-a-bouts

Postby Kingsman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am

That had to be "Informed Citizen" at the wheel.
Kingsman

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:51 pm

For the record, my favorite round-a-bout is the one at Cleveland and Bittersweet. Keeps traffic moving without the need for a four way stop in the middle of a cornfield.
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby Yorktown » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:For the record, my favorite round-a-bout is the one at Cleveland and Bittersweet. Keeps traffic moving without the need for a four way stop in the middle of a cornfield.

Mine is Ribourde/Portage/Boland.
Yorktown

Postby NMSB » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Yorktown wrote:
Dr. Nick wrote:For the record, my favorite round-a-bout is the one at Cleveland and Bittersweet. Keeps traffic moving without the need for a four way stop in the middle of a cornfield.

Yeah, remember when that intersection was really crazy the way it was offset and didn't meet together years ago? That one has worked out well to keep traffic moving on Portage. The one by the cemetaries is good too since people entering Portage from Lathrop have easier access.
I love South Bend so I read and post comments on South Bend Forum.
NMSB

Postby Yorktown » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:54 pm

NMSB wrote:
Yorktown wrote:

Yeah, remember when that intersection was really crazy the way it was offset and didn't meet together years ago? That one has worked out well to keep traffic moving on Portage. The one by the cemetaries is good too since people entering Portage from Lathrop have easier access.

Yes and yes. The Portage/Boland/Ribourde intersection was a complete disaster. The roundabout actually looks nice there, I think, because it's kind of a park like setting. And if you ever tried turning left out of Highland Cemetery, it was next to impossible so that roundabout has made a big difference too. It hasn't eased the traffic on Portage but it helps the cemeteries and to an extent Lathrop.
Yorktown

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:16 am

NMSB wrote:
Yorktown wrote:

Except, of course, when the confused denizen of South Bend tries to drive through the round-a-bout in a clock-wise direction... I've seen that several times at both Portage round-a-bouts.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Yorktown » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:54 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:Except, of course, when the confused denizen of South Bend tries to drive through the round-a-bout in a clock-wise direction... I've seen that several times at both Portage round-a-bouts.

I haven't heard the residents of Indian Springs described as denziens before. Good one.
Yorktown

Postby raycyrx » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Saw a school bus go clockwise at Portage/Lathrop, and saw a Transpo bus drop off a passenger IN the circle at Portage/Boland/Ribourde.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby NMSB » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 pm

raycyrx wrote:Saw a school bus go clockwise at Portage/Lathrop, and saw a Transpo bus drop off a passenger IN the circle at Portage/Boland/Ribourde.

I saw a Transpo bus do the same thing at the Portage/Lathrop one.
I love South Bend so I read and post comments on South Bend Forum.
NMSB

Postby Yorktown » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

High-speed chase in South Bend sends suspect to hospital

South Bend, Ind.
Posted: 9:46 PM Aug 24, 2011
Reporter: Megan Bastedo
Email Address: megan.bastedo@wndu.com

A high-speed chase through South Bend ended with a crash and an arrest late Wednesday afternoon.

The chase started around 5:00 p.m. when a woman noticed a man drive by her home, even though she had a restraining order against him.

She called police, and as they arrived in the neighborhood, the driver took off.

Police sped after him at up to 70 mph before the driver crashed at the roundabout at Portage and Boland.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment and arrested on a separate warrant.

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines ... 58668.html

I would have paid money to see that.
Yorktown

PreviousNext

Return to Quality of Life