backstageadd ND

Round-a-bouts

Re: Round-a-bouts

Postby OldFud » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Five years later, has the perception of SBF readers changed any ?

Can folks perceive the business model that roundabout construction business represents ? If not, believe this paradigm is detailed earlier in this thread. It is really great way for Democrats and Republicans -- dramatically smaller difference between the two -- to launder taxpayer funds to finance wildly corrupt politicians' campaigns.
OldFud

Re: Round-a-bouts

Postby raycyrx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Going back through the thread, I haven't really changed my mind since I posted this:

raycyrx wrote:I was originally an opponent of roundabouts. However after using them quite often, I really like them. Granted, there are still idiots out there who don't know how to use them. Then again, there are idiots who shouldn't get a license at all based on how they drive.

The fact is, they DO allow traffic to continue flowing much more than lights or stop signs. The also are much safer than traditional T-intersections due to the reduced speed at which accidents can occur. They're also fun to drive.

"My concern with the roundabout there is the very steep incline that leads up to it from Ironwood."

Agreed this is a major concern. All I can think of is that they're going to acquire enough land to re-grade the approach.

"There is not that much traffic going through there to justify the expense. "

Try going through during rush hour.

"Because some folks are too dense to learn how to navigate a roundabout does not mean it's a bad idea. "

BINGO! The worst I've seen is a school bus going around the wrong way, and a Transpo bus dropping off a passenger IN the circle. Such drivers are hazzards regardless of the presence of a roundabout.

I've yet to be cut off.

I often take the inner lane, and get cut off almost every time. Drivers need to learn to pick a lane and hold it. The designs could also be better by NOT having two lanes in a circle that really isn't big enough for more than one.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Previous

Return to Quality of Life