backstageadd ND

Pub Crawl

Pub Crawl

Postby st michael jr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:24 am

Anyone have a problem with the City trying to set a record for a Pub Crawl? I can't believe the city is endorsing this stupid but I guess they don't care.
st michael jr

Re: Pub Crawl

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:46 am

st michael jr wrote:Anyone have a problem with the City trying to set a record for a Pub Crawl? I can't believe the city is endorsing this stupid but I guess they don't care.

Details???
THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby bubblyone » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 pm

st michael jr wrote:Anyone have a problem with the City trying to set a record for a Pub Crawl? I can't believe the city is endorsing this stupid but I guess they don't care.

I have been asking myself this for years. I think there is liability on the part of the City when they sponsor these! St. Patty's Day Tent with DTSB?? Really?
bubblyone

Postby backstagedee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I do. My biggest concerns though are the impossible logistics, the methods being proposed for the attempt, the conflicting schedule with the night 5k "glow run" and the negative image that will be thrust upon those who try to participate and are destined to not be served as they wait in hour (and more) long lines just to enter the bars. I do think pub crawls can be a good thing for downtown if done right and they offer opportunities to expose many people to many downtown restaurants and bars in one day - but this exposure has little chance to be good except for those in the first few groups of 50... My guess is public urination will become very commonplace by the halfway point considering the limited restroom availability and legal capacity of some of the smaller places. The plans I have seen are pretty half-assed and we decided to opt out.

There also is the little bit of me that wonders how the Mayor's office, downtown retailers, Police Dept. and Common Council can grill me pretty good about an event that occurred after some folks left (kicked out by security) my bar and what I plan to do to promote responsible service, positive entertainment and crowd control, then turn right around a couple of weeks later and promote this as a good idea?!?!? I'm not saying they did anything unreasonable on our account, but this seems to go against the grain of everything they were looking for us to either change or to document that we are doing.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 pm

The press accounts promoting "bend til you break" make it sound like something cooked up by a group of underage interns. This is going to make Henry Davis look like an organizational genius.
THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby backstagedee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 pm

BobbyBeetleMishawaka wrote:The press accounts promoting "bend til you break" make it sound like something cooked up by a group of underage interns. This is going to make Henry Davis look like an organizational genius.

Even better, BBM. Google Mike McNeff Boat Club ( if you don't remember the details ) He is one of the partners in Blarney Stone AKA Finny's... Interesting reading. This is his baby.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:28 am

backstagedee wrote:I do. My biggest concerns though are the impossible logistics, the methods being proposed for the attempt, the conflicting schedule with the night 5k "glow run" and the negative image that will be thrust upon those who try to participate and are destined to not be served as they wait in hour (and more) long lines just to enter the bars. I do think pub crawls can be a good thing for downtown if done right and they offer opportunities to expose many people to many downtown restaurants and bars in one day - but this exposure has little chance to be good except for those in the first few groups of 50... My guess is public urination will become very commonplace by the halfway point considering the limited restroom availability and legal capacity of some of the smaller places. The plans I have seen are pretty half-assed and we decided to opt out.

There also is the little bit of me that wonders how the Mayor's office, downtown retailers, Police Dept. and Common Council can grill me pretty good about an event that occurred after some folks left (kicked out by security) my bar and what I plan to do to promote responsible service, positive entertainment and crowd control, then turn right around a couple of weeks later and promote this as a good idea?!?!? I'm not saying they did anything unreasonable on our account, but this seems to go against the grain of everything they were looking for us to either change or to document that we are doing.

I was wondering the same thing and a group of us had a discussion about this. It just seems that certain people get away with all kinds of stuff if they know the right people and every other business owner is screwed...
:roll: :hand: :naughty:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bubblyone » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:36 am

backstagedee wrote:I do. My biggest concerns though are the impossible logistics, the methods being proposed for the attempt, the conflicting schedule with the night 5k "glow run" and the negative image that will be thrust upon those who try to participate and are destined to not be served as they wait in hour (and more) long lines just to enter the bars. I do think pub crawls can be a good thing for downtown if done right and they offer opportunities to expose many people to many downtown restaurants and bars in one day - but this exposure has little chance to be good except for those in the first few groups of 50... My guess is public urination will become very commonplace by the halfway point considering the limited restroom availability and legal capacity of some of the smaller places. The plans I have seen are pretty half-assed and we decided to opt out.

Touche!
bubblyone

Postby st michael jr » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:40 pm

See, It is my understanding that the PD was basically ignored when they recommended denial of the Pub Crawl. The Board of Public Works approved it without PD approval.
st michael jr

Postby backstagedee » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 pm

st michael jr wrote:
See, It is my understanding that the PD was basically ignored when they recommended denial of the Pub Crawl. The Board of Public Works approved it without PD approval.

Go figure. Public works ignoring PD recommendation?

One of the organizers approached me with a request from whoever he was working with on the PD for me to open BSG as a "de-tox" station selling sodas and energy drinks because I "need brownie points" with the PD... WTH???

It would kind of defeat the purpose of having a liquor permit and bringing people in to see what we do, wouldn't it? I think they just wanted to find a place with a bunch of restrooms... Well, those restrooms don't clean and supply themselves and I already have over $1000 a month water bill only being open 10 or 12 evenings a month.
backstagedee

Next

Return to Quality of Life