backstageadd ND

Woman Loses Her Fitness Membership,Not Respecting Gender

Woman Loses Her Fitness Membership,Not Respecting Gender

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm

SOCIETY
Woman Loses Her Fitness Club Membership For Not Respecting Another Member's Gender Identity

By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades, Fri, March 6, 2015
A Planet Fitness in Midland, Michigan, has revoked Yvette Cormier’s membership for not respecting the gender identity of another member.

An unnamed member who identifies as a woman walked into the women’s locker room.

"I was stunned and shocked," Cormier told WNEM. "He looked like a man ... He did not look like a woman."

The member was getting undressed when Cormier walked in, and she said she felt threatened.

“This is very unprofessional,” Cormier said. "This is very scary."

Cormier complained to the front desk and contacted Planet Fitness’s corporate offices.

"They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that's the sex he wants to be," Cormier said.

Planet Fitness revoked Cormier’s membership for violating its no judgement zone policy. She said she’s not concerned about getting her membership back, but she does want to inform others of the incident.

Planet Fitness said Cormier acted inappropriately. A statement from the company read: ”Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

“In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was cancelled."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... r-identity
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Woman Loses Her Fitness Membership,Not Respecting Gender

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:13 pm

COMMENTS;

Marna McAlexander · Top Commenter
Wait a minute--they sure didn't create a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for this woman. Apparently they need a third dressing room for people who don't know what the heck they are,
Reply · Like · 28 · Follow Post · 21 minutes ago

Frito Ruffle · Superior soul mate and role model. at Being a Great Husband and Father
So any guy could use the lady's change room if they claim they self-identify as female? That's a pretty big exploitable loop hole.
Reply · Like · 26 · Follow Post · 39 minutes ago

Jan Goldsworthy · Top Commenter
This leaves the door wide open for genders to claim gender-identity just to be in the opposite sex locker rooms. Leave the doors open for sexual assault as well as making opposite sex clients very uncomfortable. You should be required to use which ever locker room your plumbing dictates. I don't care if you have a penis and think you a woman, YOU'RE NOT. You're a man biologically and that's all that counts.
Reply · Like · 22 · Follow Post · 20 minutes ago

Jonathan Escobedo · Follow · Top Commenter · Maryvale High School
How is that a loop hole for sexual assault? If a guy wants to sexually assaulted a female in the locker room he will do it no matter what he labeled himself into. Same goes to female looking for a male to sexually assaulted. You're telling me by labeling yourself as what, "biologically counts", wouldn't be a problem anymore, as if any individual couldn't rape and or, assault someone in the opposite sex.
Reply · Like · 2 minutes ago

Jeanne Miller · Top Commenter · Harrison, Michigan
Bet they change that policy pretty damn fast when a woman sues them because they let a man into the changing room and he raped someone! This is stupid as hell. This crap is getting way out of hand MEN WITH PENISES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED WHERE WOMEN ARE CHANGING PERIOD! SAME AS A WOMAN WITH A VAGINA SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED WHERE MEN ARE CHANGING. If they want to be female then cut that damn thing off then they can be where women are,
Reply · Like · 13 · Follow Post · 19 minutes ago

Deb LaBar · Top Commenter · Whitehall Memorial
What a bunch of crap. Men in men's room and women in women's room . It doesn't matter if you think you are a women. I wouldn't want to see a mans junk just because they want to be a women.
Reply · Like · 9 · Follow Post · 19 minutes ago

Christopher Atlas · Top Commenter
I would feel as equally uncomfortable as this woman did, if someone walked in on my wife changing and claimed the same as this person did. We must begin to protect our wives and daughters now and protest this Company's policy immediately!!! And if they are resistant to listen and to change, I urge everyone to cancel their memberships and to join up with one of the competitors of Planet Fitness. This must not be allowed to stand & continue!!!
Reply · Like · 4 · Follow Post · 15 minutes ago

Sandy Mailliard Rotter · Follow · Works at Life Crisis Services
God knows I wouldn't want to be judgmental or anything but people should use whatever locker room their genitals reflect. That's the only way to avoid abuse of the policy.
Reply · Like · 4 · Follow Post · 18 minutes ago

Donna Flowers · Minister of Music at Eustis 1st AG
Why is it that the woman was punished? She wasn't being judgmental. She was telling them how she felt. Why is it that if our feelings don't reinforce the liberals....then WE'RE being judgmental? WOW!
Reply · Like · 3 · Follow Post · 10 minutes ago

Nina Reyes · Top Commenter · Texas School of Business
she was jealous b/c the lady was probably better looking lmao.
Reply · Like · 3 · Follow Post · about an hour ago

Roxanne M Jones · East Deer Frazer
Seriously?
Reply · Like · 17 minutes ago

Michael Eastridge · Top Commenter · Insurance Agent at Farmers Insurance
a lady sporting balls
Reply · Like · 1 · 17 minutes ago

Carl Burney · Follow · Top Commenter · Owner at Burney Home Maintenance
If they are going to cater to ignoramooses who can't look between their legs and identify what sex they are then they need a gender neutral dressing room just for them. A woman should not have to abide a guy looking at her undress in a locker room. Just because you want to be a female doesn't mean you are.
Reply · Like · 2 · Follow Post · 4 minutes ago

Gabby Thomas · Follow · Leader at Full Time Mommy
This is stupid, i dont think she was judging at all , all she pretty much said was that she felt uncomfortable with a male in a female dressing room , if i was her id sue them bastards
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 6 minutes ago

Harold V. Rogers · Top Commenter
There is some kinda Stupid in this World Today.it's not right,and i don't care who likes what say !!!
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 11 minutes ago

Jeff Atha · Collins High School
Ok so this means I can go into the ladies dressing room ? I claim to be a male Lesbian.
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 13 minutes ago

SueandHugh Gann · University of Montevallo
I have no problem with gender. My best friend is.
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 23 minutes ago

Lloyd D Green · Top Commenter · Lubbock High School
Good to know where to avoid!
Reply · Like · 1 · Follow Post · 16 minutes ago

Ericka Shani Clark-Maximin · Top Commenter · Eisenhower High School
Apparently she's going through gender reassignment. I would not feel the least bit threatened. THE LAST THING A GAY/TRANSGENDER MAN WANTS IS A DAMN WOMAN! BYE FISH!!! She was probably upset he didn't try her. Some of ya'll are so silly with your thinking. Not all gay/lesbian people want your butts. Stop with the wishful thinking. If they have gone through having their parts changed then yes they are identifying with the sex that they have changed into. Get over yourselves. Also they aren't allowing any and all men to go into a ladies locker room nor are they allowing women into a mens room. I bet if a transgender woman were to go into a mens room they wouldn't complain this hard. Shoot if anything the transgender female would have to be the one that would feel more threatened I'm sure.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 5 minutes ago

Forrest Pendergraph · Top Commenter · Works at Retired
Are you really this stupid? Damn I feel like a woman today just think I will wander into the ladies room and watch you pee
Reply · Like · about a minute ago

Ken Lynn · Mineral Area College
The law is quite clear, he was born a man and his government or state should state he's a male, so he has no right being in the female locker room. I would of called the police and have him charged for a sex crime!!!
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 3 minutes ago

Dennis Dempsey · Top Commenter · Sales at Gray True Value
This is so wrong but the way things are going in this country soon they will make this happen in all bathrooms,locker rooms and dressing rooms.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 2 minutes ago

Bill Bearfield · Grandfather at Retired
right they need a 3rd dressing room, for those that aren't sure what the hell they are?? or are perverts looking for action???
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 8 minutes ago

Wendell Barker · Works at AIRBORNE Electronics Repair
If anyone in the wrong they are for being that way to her she did no wrong they just doing to make the paper they should be shame of there self
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 6 minutes ago

Bob Saracino · Sarasota, Florida
!! F--K THE FREAKS AND THE LAW AND LAWMAKERS WHO ALLOWED THIS !! !! GIVE THE PUK'IN FREAKS A ! JOB
JOHNNY ! INTHE BACK PARKING LOT !!
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 22 minutes ago

Tony Lucci · Top Commenter · Comfort Consultant at Holtzople Heating & Air Conditioning
Another reason NOT to join a gym, Work out at home, creeps all over the place and nothing to protect you from it.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 12 minutes ago

Francine Jones · Top Commenter
There's a lot of perverted men that will pretend to be gay just to watch women in locker rooms.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · about a minute ago

Ross Willhite · Works at Retired
I would quietly leave and quietly tell the desk I wanted my membership cancelled

Debra Luffey · Top Commenter · Works at Law Office
If he still has a dick he's a guy. I would be uncomfortable yoo. This is going too far
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 2 minutes ago

Terrie Jacobs
Perhaps this eonsn should get a good attorney & sue Planet Fitness.

Jesse Matthews · General Manager at Westport Linen Service
I thought XY chromosomes determined sex????
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 9 minutes ago

Linda Bowen · COTA/L at RehabCare
I don't know that I want to keep going back to planet fitness.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 6 minutes ago

Javier Duran · Top Commenter
srew this place I wont be letting my wife go there perverts
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 8 minutes ago

Bill Dowler
Good job girl !!! FREAKS HAVE ALL RIGHTS NOW DAYS
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... r-identity
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Woman Loses Her Fitness Membership,Not Respecting Gender

Postby Xenokilla » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:26 pm

some fine example of tolerance.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Return to Quality of Life